Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Memorial Day Plans 
    What are your plans for Memorial Day?

I'm going to an ASU baseball game, a Dbacks baseball game, a BBQ, a birthday pool party, and bowling.

And that's in addition to my usual chores and workouts.

I think I may need a weekend after my weekend.
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

I've actually got it off for a change. We'll probably just relax around the house, and I'll break the new grill in.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

We're going to a Veterans' memorial service on Sunday and having a BBQ after. Other than that, I plan to repair the garden and listen to a new Bluegrass Gospel cd set Mr. Snaps picked up for me.

Gonna probably take the kiddies swimming and then do some grilling.

The big Cheese
    I am training for highland games saturday, sunday is power lifting training for a meet I am thinking about doing in october and monday is just me and little chief and the mrs. Going to go see that kung fu panda movie.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    I am training for highland games saturday, sunday is power lifting training for a meet I am thinking about doing in october and monday is just me and little chief and the mrs. Going to go see that kung fu panda movie.
    Highland games?
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

I'm going to a potluck, singles picnic at Stoney Creek park with my Saturday churches singles groups for 40 somethings. I'm bringing homemade spinach pie, and I'm going to Macy's tomorrow to buy a new outfit to wear.

My sister was going to come for Saturday and Sunday, and leave the kids with me so she could go rest at a friend's house, but she is not feeling well. I have some house cleaning to do, and if the rain ever stops, I need to cut the grass. I'm also getting a weed-whacker this weekend.

Working. I only get one holiday: Global Thermonuclear War; and that one hasn't happened yet. :(
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Banned
    My SIL is cooking lasagna Sunday & will watch part of the Indy 500. Cook up some steaks Monday and lounge around my house.

I had my BQ yesterday at ZEA's Rotisserie & Grill which is a new franchise restaurant that has several locations in the south. Great ribs and service.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 05-27-2011 at 02:03 PM.

I think I might smoke a turkey since I've got the time.