Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1 Best Smoked Turkey Recipe? 
    I decanted a frozen turkey.

    What are your best smoker recipes? Tried and true recipes only, please!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,270
    Put in smoker, smoke till done.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Put in smoker, smoke till done.
    I can always rely on you, Rock.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I decanted a frozen turkey.

    What are your best smoker recipes? Tried and true recipes only, please!
    Remove the whole breast including the wing meat and leg quaters.Puncture the breasts and leg quarters with a sharp knife to open little pockets for the brine to seep into . Save the carcass for soup or stock

    ..Add 1/2 cup Morton Kosher Salt and About a half quart of cider to four Gallon sized ziplock freezer bags .Add cloves,bay leaf,citrus rinds or other spices and what ever you like to flavor the meat .Stick a breast or leg quarter in each bag, squeeze out the air and lay in plastic contained in case it spills and refrigerate and turn occasionally until the meat looks pale or overnight,whatever.
    Next day wash the salt from the meat and pat dry with paper towls.Smoke with soaked apple wood chunks off heat until it's deep mahogany color, don't over smoke it....
    Cut a little piece off to Sample it from time to time.... it taste better a little rare...

    While you're at it smoke some potatoes,Summer Squash, corn,whatever .Puncture the spuds and brine for a few hours.If you like a few pounds of hot garlic and cheese sausage .I usually puncture them first and parboil for about 15 minutes to remove some of the fat .

    I've made smoked Chicken,Turkey,Salmon, Haddock and Pork Tenderloin .So far I haven't tried smoking a pork shoulder or a Boston butt ,Too much meat..

    Beef brisket brined in salt then marinated in cranberry sauce and whole grain mustard is good .Save the marinade and boil down into a sauce.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,061
    I don't know...but I can smoke some delicious baby artichokes!:D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Remove the whole breast including the wing meat and leg quaters.Puncture the breasts and leg quarters with a sharp knife to open little pockets for the brine to seep into . Save the carcass for soup or stock

    ..Add 1/2 cup Morton Kosher Salt and About a half quart of cider to four Gallon sized ziplock freezer bags .Add cloves,bay leaf,citrus rinds or other spices and what ever you like to flavor the meat .Stick a breast or leg quarter in each bag, squeeze out the air and lay in plastic contained in case it spills and refrigerate and turn occasionally until the meat looks pale or overnight,whatever.
    Next day wash the salt from the meat and pat dry with paper towls.Smoke with soaked apple wood chunks off heat until it's deep mahogany color, don't over smoke it....
    Cut a little piece off to Sample it from time to time.... it taste better a little rare...

    While you're at it smoke some potatoes,Summer Squash, corn,whatever .Puncture the spuds and brine for a few hours.If you like a few pounds of hot garlic and cheese sausage .I usually puncture them first and parboil for about 15 minutes to remove some of the fat .

    I've made smoked Chicken,Turkey,Salmon, Haddock and Pork Tenderloin .So far I haven't tried smoking a pork shoulder or a Boston butt ,Too much meat..

    Beef brisket brined in salt then marinated in cranberry sauce and whole grain mustard is good .Save the marinade and boil down into a sauce.
    Interesting! Applewood I have in depressing abundance. I usually do turks with applewood but I don't usually brine them.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I can always rely on you, Rock.
    Or, stuff it with hickory chips and put it in the microwave.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Or, stuff it with hickory chips and put it in the microwave.
    Or stuff it with backing soda and popcorn !
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,270
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Or stuff it with backing soda and popcorn !
    That's my 4th of July recipe.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    You people are sooooo helpful! This is what I expect from CUers.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •