Thread: a blog i started to doc my workouts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1 a blog i started to doc my workouts 
    The big Cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,273
    http://theartofrhinoplasty.blogspot.com/

    For anyone who is interested or cares to give any advise....
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

    Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sonora, Texas
    Posts
    4,117
    It has always been my experience and belief that a Monday/Wednesday/Friday workout consisting of core movements (Squats, Bench Press, Bentover Rows and Presses) will get you bigger and stronger than an everyday split routine.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    The big Cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    It has always been my experience and belief that a Monday/Wednesday/Friday workout consisting of core movements (Squats, Bench Press, Bentover Rows and Presses) will get you bigger and stronger than an everyday split routine.
    Which is why you are so jacked and strong right? Lol
    Yeah that would work if the body did not deplete like it does. Too much volume in one workout does nothing but force the body the break down basic protein to burn. You could eat nothing but simple dextrose through out the whole workout but the body would still break down muscle to burn....
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

    Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    The big Cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,273
    And I do have a rest recovery period. That's Monday and Tuesday.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

    Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sonora, Texas
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    Which is why you are so jacked and strong right? Lol
    Yeah that would work if the body did not deplete like it does. Too much volume in one workout does nothing but force the body the break down basic protein to burn. You could eat nothing but simple dextrose through out the whole workout but the body would still break down muscle to burn....
    Not at the moment, no. Have not worked out in a while. But I have been where you are. I have done the every exercise known to man per body part routines and just the core exercise routines. The core exercise routines always got me better results.

    It was something that I saw happen quite a bit in prison. Guys would workout for hours doing rep after rep and really get nowhere and the real monsters would be off of the weight pile in 45 minutes.

    Your routine may be sport specific and work well for you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    The big Cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Not at the moment, no. Have not worked out in a while. But I have been where you are. I have done the every exercise known to man per body part routines and just the core exercise routines. The core exercise routines always got me better results.

    It was something that I saw happen quite a bit in prison. Guys would workout for hours doing rep after rep and really get nowhere and the real monsters would be off of the weight pile in 45 minutes.

    Your routine may be sport specific and work well for you.
    Where do you see every exercise known to man in my workout? Lol I do anywhere from 3 to 5 exercises period. I do complex large movements and then finish with auxiliary stuff. No offence but you don't really know what you are talking about.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

    Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sonora, Texas
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    Where do you see every exercise known to man in my workout? Lol I do anywhere from 3 to 5 exercises period. I do complex large movements and then finish with auxiliary stuff. No offence but you don't really know what you are talking about.
    Jeez! How touchy are you? I never said that you did every exercise known to man. I simply stated that I had done the high rep/multiple movement routines and they yeilded little results for me. I always did better doing just core movements.

    To gain size and strength, nothing is going to do it better than a core movement routine. If you are alreading doing a lot of exercises and reps and making no gains, the solution is not to add more movements and reps.

    You have several rest days. That is important. To many guys who lift think that it is possible to rest back while you do chest. In other words, rest one body part while working out another and nothing could be further from the truth. Your body can't repair itself while muscle fibers are being torn down at the same time. Well, it can, but serious chemicals have to be involved.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    The big Cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Jeez! How touchy are you? I never said that you did every exercise known to man. I simply stated that I had done the high rep/multiple movement routines and they yeilded little results for me. I always did better doing just core movements.

    To gain size and strength, nothing is going to do it better than a core movement routine. If you are alreading doing a lot of exercises and reps and making no gains, the solution is not to add more movements and reps.

    You have several rest days. That is important. To many guys who lift think that it is possible to rest back while you do chest. In other words, rest one body part while working out another and nothing could be further from the truth. Your body can't repair itself while muscle fibers are being torn down at the same time. Well, it can, but serious chemicals have to be involved.
    not touchy. Just dont think you know what you are talking about.

    I compete with strength coaches. Know plenty of guys who are in body building and others who compete strong man, not prison yard hulks....
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

    Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    The big Cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,273
    88 views and only the prison yard monkey has left a comment?


    lol
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

    Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sonora, Texas
    Posts
    4,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    I compete with strength coaches. Know plenty of guys who are in body building and others who compete strong man, not prison yard hulks....
    The iron cares little for who lifts it or where. Impressive college gyms or rusting plates on prison gravel. Mr. Olympia hopefuls or some guy doing life. Physiology only works in certain ways. Myself, I can never get into a high frequency, high rep routine. But it is just me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •