Thread: Cyber spying, growing threat

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1 Cyber spying, growing threat 
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Lockheed attack highlights rise in cyber espionage
    May 30, 2011 By CHIP CUTTER and LOLITA C. BALDOR , Associated Press

    Lockheed Martin on Saturday, May 28, 2011 admitted it was the recent target of a "significant and tenacious" cyber attack, although the defense contractor and the Department of Homeland Security insist the hack was thwarted before any critical data was stolen.
    This cyber attack didn't go after people playing war games on their PlayStations. It targeted a company that helps the U.S. military do the real thing.
    This is real hacking and a real problem, Sony was just a stupid attempt to screw people and a company over. This is where the real hacking takes place, quite and barely noticeable. Fortunately they caught this one
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    This is real hacking and a real problem, Sony was just a stupid attempt to screw people and a company over. This is where the real hacking takes place, quite and barely noticeable. Fortunately they caught this one
    Why do these idiots keep top secret material on computers .All computers are vernable to breakins,be they networked of not.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Why do these idiots keep top secret material on computers .All computers are vernable to breakins,be they networked of not.
    where else are they going to keep it? they need to stop putting information that is valuable on networks that are connected to the internet and keep it all on separate intranets that are not connected to the internet in anyway
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,088
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    where else are they going to keep it? they need to stop putting information that is valuable on networks that are connected to the internet and keep it all on separate intranets that are not connected to the internet in anyway
    Actually Lockheed does keep all the sensitive material on an exclusive link between them and the Pentagon that is not conected in any way to the internet. The hackers that got in to their system got into an area that Lockheed wanted them to go into...basically a mousetrap for hackers.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Actually Lockheed does keep all the sensitive material on an exclusive link between them and the Pentagon that is not conected in any way to the internet. The hackers that got in to their system got into an area that Lockheed wanted them to go into...basically a mousetrap for hackers.
    ah, I figured it was some kind of trap, I don't expect LM to be that stupid, I was referring to companies in general.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •