Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Welcome. I'm curious about your titles.

    A Dr. I gather from your name; is that as in physician or PhD?
    And then you sign Pastor Steve; as in what religious denomination?

    If that's getting too personal don't feel you have to answer,
    I am just curious. :)

    PhD in Reformation History & Theology and non denominational pastor.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Grouchy Old Broad Kay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Midland, Tx
    Posts
    3,699
    Thanks for answering, I'll look forward to your posts.
    You'll be able to add a lot to our discussions here I'm
    sure, with that kind of background. You'll find that we
    have a good mix of various religions represented here.
    Last edited by Kay; 05-30-2011 at 02:43 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13
    Thanks, Kay.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    175
    Welcome. I'm curious about your titles.

    A Dr. I gather from your name; is that as in physician or PhD?
    Y'know, I don't recall asking him, but I always thought it was a Th.D.

    And then you sign Pastor Steve; as in what religious denomination?

    If that's getting too personal don't feel you have to answer,
    I am just curious. :)
    Dr. Steve is an Amyrauldian Protestant. This basically means that he agrees with Calvinists about 99% of the time. Ergo, you can count on his posts to be 100% right about 99% of the time. Heh.

    I actually don't know what denomination he's preaching for at the moment.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by OrthodoxPresbyterian View Post
    Y'know, I don't recall asking him, but I always thought it was a Th.D.

    Interestingly, when I started the program at Westminster it was a ThD. program. By the time I finished they were approved to give a PhD. So they gave me my choice.

    Amyraldains right 99% of the time. Dang we've come up the Calvinist ladder from those who call us a petal shy of a tulip.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by drstevej View Post
    Interestingly, when I started the program at Westminster it was a ThD. program. By the time I finished they were approved to give a PhD. So they gave me my choice.

    Amyraldains right 99% of the time. Dang we've come up the Calvinist ladder from those who call us a petal shy of a tulip.
    Well, your defense of Biblical Election has always been strong enough, that I usually spotted you half a petal. Some clippings, at least.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by OrthodoxPresbyterian View Post
    Well, your defense of Biblical Election has always been strong enough, that I usually spotted you half a petal. Some clippings, at least.
    Most appreciative for the foliage.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •