Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    Ignoring the outright lie, does anybody else see the extreme irony of this post?
    Are you referring to when Biden bragged in public about how his state was a "slave state"?
    Licenced New York State EMT-B

Quote Originally Posted by mark1 View Post
    The answer to this is obvious.

DU loves feminism and feminists. And for years feminists preached that women could do it all, raise a family, and have a career. They raked over the coals any woman who chose family over career, or any man who suggested the same.

Now here comes Sarah Palin, a woman who has a very successful career as one of only 50 Governors in the nation, and at the same time has raised 5 beautiful children. If she was a liberal, she would be held up as an idol of feminism. But since she is a conservative, the feel that they must destroy her because they realize that she threatens what they see as true feminism, that is, feminism combined with liberalism.

Plus they hate the fact that she did not about her baby, and that she is a member of Feminists for Life.
    Great point. Just like with "African Americans like Justice Thomas, and Secretary Rice. The left normally would champion individuals like this, They've always claimed they fight for the rights of women to excel in the arena normally dominated by men, and for minorities to be equally able to rise to their potential of achievement. Except in these cases, they've arrived where they are without needing the government to babysit them, and without espousing the liberal catechism. The left's principles seem to be principles of convenience.

3. #13 Not terrified, just sexist and ignorant. 
    They see a female and assume the Clinton supporters will vote for McCain becuase he picked a female. It's beyond their ability to comprehend that Palin is the political opposite of Clinton - no who supported Clinton on the issues would vote for Palin.
    Shakespeare.

4. #14 Go 
    Ignoring the outright lie, does anybody else see the extreme irony of this post?
    ROTFLMAO:D I do!
    ________
    The Cigar Boss
    Last edited by Scarlet; 04-18-2011 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark1 View Post
    The answer to this is obvious.

DU loves feminism and feminists. And for years feminists preached that women could do it all, raise a family, and have a career. They raked over the coals any woman who chose family over career, or any man who suggested the same.

Now here comes Sarah Palin, a woman who has a very successful career as one of only 50 Governors in the nation, and at the same time has raised 5 beautiful children. If she was a liberal, she would be held up as an idol of feminism. But since she is a conservative, the feel that they must destroy her because they realize that she threatens what they see as true feminism, that is, feminism combined with liberalism.

Plus they hate the fact that she did not about her baby, and that she is a member of Feminists for Life.
    I beg to disagree. DU does NOT love feminists. Some of the most vitriolic threads on DU have been about feminist issues and issues involving women. THe c-word and b-word are used routinely over there. They are not feminists nor do they like them. I'm a feminist and I know how I was treated over there. A lot of the real feminists ended up as PUMAs because of the sexism on DU and in the party.

The reason DUers are panicked is because Palin is saving the GOP ticket. McCain has the best shot at winning that he has ever had. Obama's big claim to fame was his "flavor of the month" celebrity. Palin has usurped that mantle and now Obama has nothing. He's an empty suit.

They are calling Palin a "Trailer Trash Trollop" over there. Not very feminist.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    [SIZE="3"]It's not just the DUmp the whole liberal blogSpher is in chaos .Koss has had a total meltdown and the rest of the chattering class are hyperVentilating .
    I believe on the Huffington Post site, there are actually a series of individual web pages now which each cover a different member of the Palin family, and each is of course filled with repulsive insults and slander for that particular member of the family (i.e. the page devoted to her son Track has a post or two implying that he is gay). Not even her younger daughters like Piper and Willow are spared from vicious ridicule.
    I can't imagine what the heartless jackals at Rolling Stone are going to say about Palin when they get her in their crosshairs.

btw, in regards to the OP's question about why DU's "losing its freaking mind" over Palin, I have a response: In the words of Slade from Teen Titans, "How can you lose something you've never had?"

wvbygod (925 posts) Thu Sep-04-08 01:34 PM
    Response to Reply #2
    37. If a secessionist wins in November I am leaving the USA
    I'll be damn if I'm going to have a secessionist running my country!
    Critical thinking and fore sight has never been a strong suit at DU

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I beg to disagree. DU does NOT love feminists. Some of the most vitriolic threads on DU have been about feminist issues and issues involving women. THe c-word and b-word are used routinely over there. They are not feminists nor do they like them. I'm a feminist and I know how I was treated over there. A lot of the real feminists ended up as PUMAs because of the sexism on DU and in the party.

The reason DUers are panicked is because Palin is saving the GOP ticket. McCain has the best shot at winning that he has ever had. Obama's big claim to fame was his "flavor of the month" celebrity. Palin has usurped that mantle and now Obama has nothing. He's an empty suit.
    You have hit the nail on the head. DU pretends to like feminists and minorities and jews and anyone else it seems fashionable or politically correct to agree with... untill someone from one of those catagories steps up to the plate and does anything out of lock step with the hive mind. Then they are completely unable to suppress the rage and hatred they feel for anyone who is not like them. They just can't help themselves. To reword a joke by Ron White, "They have the right to remain silent, they just don't have the ability".

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Maybe the DUmmies are conditioned to respond to a specific stimulus...you know, like mice or pigeons. When the whistle blows, it may look like a Chinese Fire Drill, but it may all be a part of a fiendishly clever plan. :eek: :D

I'm skeered....:eek:
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!