Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 poor little teabagger. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    :D For our new Paulistas...

SmileyRose (1000+ posts) Mon May-30-11 11:28 PM
    Original message poor little teabagger.

Some twit with her little "Rand Paul" sticker on her Lexus SUV. I'm on the other side of the pump with my beater trying to make sure I catch the pump by $10 because that's all I have. Next thing I know the woman wants to tell me how bad she has it that the Lexus MUST have premium gas and it's costing her a fortune.

She was what I call "high maintenance". Store bought hair, nails, face, boobs etc. Nothing wrong with it if you've got the money to buy but seriously, why not buy a clue.

I told her I hope things get better for her.

And this one (assuming the story is even real) is pure jealously... :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Banned
    Maybe if she wasn't such a bitch she would have a man who could buy her the boobs, hair, nails and luxury SUV she wants so badly.

Nothing wrong with it if you've got the money to buy but seriously, why not buy a clue.
    Said the pot to the kettle.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

That story has more road apples than I've moved all day...

Are they even trying anymore?
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

"I'm on the other side of the pump with my beater trying to make sure I catch the pump by $10 because that's all I have."

Where in the fuck is there still a gas station where it's "pump first, then pay" any more unless the station owner and the driver know one another very well?

I'll tell you one thing for damn well cartain: NOBODY does that in Atlanta:

Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    "I'm on the other side of the pump with my beater trying to make sure I catch the pump by $10 because that's all I have."

Where in the fuck is there still a gas station where it's "pump first, then pay" any more unless the station owner and the driver know one another very well?

I'll tell you one thing for damn well cartain: NOBODY does that in Atlanta:

Easy, she's using a debit card.

People can be aware of how much money they have in their accounts.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Easy, she's using a debit card.

People can be aware of how much money they have in their accounts.
    That still doesn't work. If she uses her debit at the pump, it automatically authorizes a set amount (usually about $75), and then refunds the difference after the sale. If she doesn't have that much in her account, no authorization. If she went inside and said she needed $10 on her debit card, she would have had the sale authorized and the pump would be set to cut off at $10.

ETA: and why does someone in Georgia have a Rand Paul sticker? He's from Kentucky.

I'm giving it one and a half bouncies, tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    That still doesn't work. If she uses her debit at the pump, it automatically authorizes a set amount (usually about $75), and then refunds the difference after the sale. If she doesn't have that much in her account, no authorization. If she went inside and said she needed $10 on her debit card, she would have had the sale authorized and the pump would be set to cut off at $10.

ETA: and why does someone in Georgia have a Rand Paul sticker? He's from Kentucky.

I'm giving it one and a half bouncies, tops.
    It's an incredibly lame bouncy but I use my debit card all of the time at gas pumps. I just put in my PIN and get charged what I pump. I don't get this pre-authorize and refund crap of which you type. I'm usually riding one of my bikes though so I don't even hit $20. But they are BMWs though so they have to have premium.:D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    It's an incredibly lame bouncy but I use my debit card all of the time at gas pumps. I just put in my PIN and get charged what I pump. I don't get this pre-authorize and refund crap of which you type. I'm usually riding one of my bikes though so I don't even hit $20. But they are BMWs though so they have to have premium.:D
    If I don't have at least $50 on my debit card I get a "See Cashier" message. I ride a bike also and when gas here hovered around $4 I thought I would see $20 for a fillup.

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    It's pretty invisible. You won't ever see it on your bank statement, for example. But if you only have $20 in your account and the pump just lets you put in $50, then what is the gas station going to do? That's why there's an automatic pre-authorization for some set amount.

Believe me, I work with these transactions every day, and I'm quite familiar with how it happens. I can assure you with complete certainty that this is how it happens. You're welcome to call your bank and ask them, if you'd like.