1. #1 Cain: no ragheads in my Gov 
    got my vote. but no doubt, since we are a muslim oriented country thanks to the retated libs it will meet with stiff resistance

[youtube]aDXCwd65R5o[/youtube]
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    got my vote. but no doubt, since we are a muslim oriented country thanks to the retated libs it will meet with stiff resistance

[youtube]aDXCwd65R5o[/youtube]
    Finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcd View Post
    Finally.
    No kidding.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Prior to the war in Iraq, american muslims were a republican voting block. Dearborn voters solidly backed Bush in 2000, and also voted for Gov. Engler and former Senator Abrams (a christian of middle eastern ethnicity).

American muslims of middle eastern descent (as opposed to black muslims) tend to support conservative values-they are opposed to abortion, support the death penalty, and oppose tax hikes. In some states, like mine, they have the numbers to influence a close election. I know conservatives write Michigan off in presidential races, because it's gone blue since 1992 and has 2 dem senators, but there is a GOP governor, a GOP dominated legislature, and a GOP majority in the MSSC.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Prior to the war in Iraq, american muslims were a republican voting block. Dearborn voters solidly backed Bush in 2000, and also voted for Gov. Engler and former Senator Abrams (a christian of middle eastern ethnicity).

American muslims of middle eastern descent (as opposed to black muslims) tend to support conservative values-they are opposed to abortion, support the death penalty, and oppose tax hikes. In some states, like mine, they have the numbers to influence a close election. I know conservatives write Michigan off in presidential races, because it's gone blue since 1992 and has 2 dem senators, but there is a GOP governor, a GOP dominated legislature, and a GOP majority in the MSSC.

Yep, and I think that Cain would be dumb to completely write off all Muslims as backward, fundy terrorist that want to destroy America.

Power CUer
    He made some good points, although he didn't seem to know the particulars on where Sharia law "has been" recognized. I was relieved to see that the term "raghead" was not actually his.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

I hear what your saying, but your key phrase was "Prior to the war...."
    All candidates go through an excercise of which voting bloc are they willing to alienate, because ya can't please em all. Cain chose the Muslim faction, a very small minority which he probably had no chance of getting anyway with Obama running again. Better to be honest now than break a promise later, as opposed to Obam who chose to lie on the campaign trail and then break promises later. All pols lie on the trail, it's refreshing to see some honesty.