Thread: Memorial Day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Memorial Day 
    The world will little note nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living rather to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us--that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion--that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain...

To the CU veterans and retirees...I want to say thank you. While it seems like the currently serving soldiers who get the thanks...the truth of the matter is that if you hadn't stepped up and served when you did...we wouldn't be here doing it now.

Thank you.

Today for me personally I want to remember both of my grandfathers...Master Sergeants in the U.S. Army Air Corps in War Two.

And I remember my good friend SSG Adam Dickmyer, Guard of Honor Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. badge #528 KIA 28 Oct. 2010 Kandahar Province Afghanistan.
    Last edited by txradioguy; 05-30-2011 at 04:33 AM.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

NeunElfer SuperMod hampshirebrit's Avatar
    My father was a staff sergeant in the British Army during WW2. He didn't like talking about it that much.

I have not had the honour to serve. It's a cause of major regret to me. If I still could, I would, but it's too late now.

We owe that generation a lot. And this one, too.

Thank you for your service.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    a BIG Thank you to all the men and women that have severed, both here in the US and with our Allies.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    great read, sadly, fewer and fewer people know how to play the bugle, let alone Taps and they have to resort to canned versions played at services

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    a BIG Thank you to all the men and women that have severed, both here in the US and with our Allies.

What fett said. :)
    May the FORCE be with you!

Banned
    Serving was one of my greatest honors. Great thanks to those that came before me and those that followed. To those that made the ultimate sacrifice, we hold you in our hearts each and every day.

God bless all those who have served, past and present.
    I will never forget those who didn't make it back home.

today I remember my late dad and uncle.

Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

A BLESSED Memorial Day, a SOMBER Memorial Day, indeed, but this isn’t a day for BBQ and beer, not for me, it’s not a day for parties and cheer, it’s more than that, a lot more, and the utter ignorance of some Americans astounds me…

Why do so many confuse Memorial Day with Veterans Day?

Memorial Day is to honor the dead, our WAR dead, Veterans Day is for ALL living Veterans, that’s the day for burgers and beer, and making sure that those who served, and lived to tell the tale KNOW that they are loved and appreciated…

For those that gave their ALL, this is THEIR day, and I honor THEM and the ultimate sacrifice THEY made!