Thread: Bella

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Bella 
    So I have speaking with a rescue coordinator for the last week or so about this cat that was housed in the Cattery at Petco. Her name was Frank Sinatra as her "mother" always sang Frank Sinatra songs to her and for the other obvious reason. Her house was in a fire and she was one of the few cats that was rescued from the burning house.

She was given to this wonderful rescue organization in December. (I also adopted my Tuxedo kitten from them over a year ago.) She was treated at the vets for a few months before she was transferred to the cattery I think in April. So, she's been caged for a long time.
    I just brought her home tonight and put her in the bathroom, along with the necessities, she ran out of the crate and has been hiding behind the toilet since. She is terrified.

She's a Siamese Snowshoe cat, which is supposed to be a wonderful companion and very affectionate, I hope to bring that out in her. I will let her meet my toddler and the other cat once she's a bit more acclimated to the house.

Her name is now Bella.

Nice, she looks like a thinker!:)
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

God bless you for rescuing her. I'm not a cat person, have had dogs for a long time and not accustomed to cats. But she's a beauty and think she'll be a wonderful pet. There's something about rescue animals that always gets to me. They somehow seem more grateful and loving. I've had both rescues and AKC dogs. They're all wonderful, but there's something special about those rescues.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I am a cat/dog/fish person.... and Bella is beautiful. The pic you caught of her is gorgeous. Does she have eyes that blue, or is that a fluke from the camera flash... ?

[/QUOTE]

"I get bigger .... I eat you."

She looks bitchy. :D

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Nice looker there!!!! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    I am a cat/dog/fish person.... and Bella is beautiful. The pic you caught of her is gorgeous. Does she have eyes that blue, or is that a fluke from the camera flash... ?
    Her eyes are that blue She's a Siamese Snowshoe, a relatively new breed of cat..but I think she has DSH in her as well as her pointed features would be darker if she was a full breed Snowshoe...but she has the white "boots".
    She reminds me of the siberian huskies of the dog world. A pet I also had in the past.
    She wouldn't let anyone pet her at PETCO, including the rescue person...but she is letting me pet her head..but no purring yet.
    Once she starts purring I know I can get closer...but I will be patient with her.

The snowshoe is supposed to be extremely loving and affectionate to their owner...I'm hoping she comes out of her shell sooner rather than later. Going to confine her to the bathroom for a couple of days I think before I give her free roam. I'll also go in there every so often and pet her and let her get used to my voice.

Quote Originally Posted by pyackog View Post
    She looks bitchy. :D
    She's not, she's very shy though.

My calico, now she was a bitch, even at the ripe ol' age of 18 she would swat and bite me every chance she could.

A couple of more pics of her at PETCO