Thread: Bella

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    I am a cat/dog/fish person.... and Bella is beautiful. The pic you caught of her is gorgeous. Does she have eyes that blue, or is that a fluke from the camera flash... ?

Me too..but don't have the time to commit to a dog...maybe when my kid gets older...She loves animals too.

I also have a 30 gallon tank of African Cichlids.

And now 2 cats. I think I'm good for a while. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post

You should get piranhas, then you don't have to get the cat's fixed.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Her eyes are that blue She's a Siamese Snowshoe, a relatively new breed of cat..but I think she has DSH in her as well as her pointed features would be darker if she was a full breed Snowshoe...but she has the white "boots".
    She reminds me of the siberian huskies of the dog world. A pet I also had in the past.
    She wouldn't let anyone pet her at PETCO, including the rescue person...but she is letting me pet her head..but no purring yet.
    Once she starts purring I know I can get closer...but I will be patient with her.

The snowshoe is supposed to be extremely loving and affectionate to their owner...I'm hoping she comes out of her shell sooner rather than later. Going to confine her to the bathroom for a couple of days I think before I give her free roam. I'll also go in there every so often and pet her and let her get used to my voice.
    Try leaving little bits of food treats near her .sardines or other bits of fish to get her used to you .After awhile she'll decide that you are safe to befriend and then she'll own you .

She's not, she's very shy though.

My calico, now she was a bitch, even at the ripe ol' age of 18 she would swat and bite me every chance she could.
    Hee hee, I've had some of those. I've got 3 now, only one of them female, and they are all sweet little mushes.

Me too..but don't have the time to commit to a dog...maybe when my kid gets older...She loves animals too.

Do your cats ever bother the fish? That new kitty really is a beauty. She's probably just confused and will come around with the shyness, although my greyhound Blue was always shy. He was such a sweetie, but only loved SR and me and two petsitters. He would never hurt anyone, but would just hide in the bedroom if anyone came over.

Darlene is the opposite, watches out the door to see if someone, anyone, will come for a visit so she can have someone to play with her. She's the most outgoing greyhound I've ever seen.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Do your cats ever bother the fish? That new kitty really is a beauty. She's probably just confused and will come around with the shyness, although my greyhound Blue was always shy. He was such a sweetie, but only loved SR and me and two petsitters. He would never hurt anyone, but would just hide in the bedroom if anyone came over.

Darlene is the opposite, watches out the door to see if someone, anyone, will come for a visit so she can have someone to play with her. She's the most outgoing greyhound I've ever seen.
    I just let Leo meet Bella. Kept Bella in the crate and let them sniff each other...Leo's fur and tail went up, but he is curious, keeps going back to the bathroom to see what is going on. Bella just got into a submissive position, didn't hiss or show any signs of aggression. And she is still letting me pet her, but no purring yet.

Leo doesn't bother the fish, he just sits on top of the couch and watches them.

How big do Greyhounds get? Are they good family dogs? Are they guard dogs at all?

She's beautiful, and so are you for giving her a loving home.
    When Bella meets "the toddler" that will be fun for her. :p
    But it is a wonderful lesson that you can teach your child
    so early in life, about the love of animals and the importance
    of being extra kind to them.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Try leaving little bits of food treats near her .sardines or other bits of fish to get her used to you .After awhile she'll decide that you are safe to befriend and then she'll own you .
    I didn't have sardines, but opened up a can of tuna and gave her bits of it AND she ate it. She didn't touch her bowl of food, but practically ate the tuna from my hands.
    I usually get cats from the kitten stage, this is the first adult cat I've rescued and it's different. Kittens are more open to humans as they usually don't know any better. This cat is not as trusting. I have to work for it..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    She's beautiful, and so are you for giving her a loving home.
    When Bella meets "the toddler" that will be fun for her. :p
    But it is a wonderful lesson that you can teach your child
    so early in life, about the love of animals and the importance
    of being extra kind to them.
    Thanks Kay, I believe it's important to show kids from a early age to learn empathy towards animals (and people too).

I didn't have sardines, but opened up a can of tuna and gave her bits of it AND she ate it. She didn't touch her bowl of food, but practically ate the tuna from my hands.
    I usually get cats from the kitten stage, this is the first adult cat I've rescued and it's different. Kittens are more open to humans as they usually don't know any better. This cat is not as trusting. I have to work for it..lol
    I haven't had a puppy in so very long. The darned rescue thing took over and there are few greyhound pups.

It sounds like you're making greyt progress with her quickly. It's a good sign that she was submissive to Leo, so hopefully there will be peace. He just wants to be dominant cat.

Greys are generally very good with kids. I had a female who was only 44 pounds, and probably the top weight would be a male at almost 100 pounds. Most of them are in the 50-65 pound range. They are loving companions, extremely loyal and devoted, but not good guard dogs. Many people who love cats adopt greys, as some say they have a cat like demeanor. They're extremely graceful, but you've got to get one that has been "cat tested". Some of the racing pigs bait them with kitties. Xena just yawns when she sees a cat, pays no attention to them. Darlene from the beginning was labelled as not cat safe. I don't know how she'd be with them, but she sure stares at the cats in the neighbor's back yard through the fence. The cats used to come in our yard, but no more. :D

I adopted Darlene because she had two strikes against her---she's a black greyhound and not cat safe. The cat safe greys go fast and any other color is adopted before the blacks. I don't get it, think the black greys are beautiful. To me their advantage is people think they're guard dogs and think they're a dobie.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"