Thread: Bella

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    When we finally buy a house with a yard, I want a dog. One that is not prey driven and good with kids.
    The shelter I got the cats with do most of their work with pregnant dogs and then find homes for the mother and the pups. I will definetly get one from them, so it will be a mixed breed of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post

"I get bigger .... I eat you."[/QUOTE]

Thats what all cats would do if they were only a bit bigger :D

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    So I have speaking with a rescue coordinator for the last week or so about this cat that was housed in the Cattery at Petco. Her name was Frank Sinatra as her "mother" always sang Frank Sinatra songs to her and for the other obvious reason. Her house was in a fire and she was one of the few cats that was rescued from the burning house.

She was given to this wonderful rescue organization in December. (I also adopted my Tuxedo kitten from them over a year ago.) She was treated at the vets for a few months before she was transferred to the cattery I think in April. So, she's been caged for a long time.
    I just brought her home tonight and put her in the bathroom, along with the necessities, she ran out of the crate and has been hiding behind the toilet since. She is terrified.

She's a Siamese Snowshoe cat, which is supposed to be a wonderful companion and very affectionate, I hope to bring that out in her. I will let her meet my toddler and the other cat once she's a bit more acclimated to the house.

Her name is now Bella.

I envy you, I cant have cats due to allergies. (my brothers not my own):(

A couple pics of Bella at home: She is EXTRA shy

She loves the bathroom, only place she seems to feel safe :(

Under the dining room table, always seeking a place that's hidden

Leo, the clown.

Very nice cat.

In the midwest we used to trap the neighbors cats (mostly were dumped out in the country and she took them in) have them fixed and turn them back loose...it really helped cut down on the population.

My mom still has one of the kittens...16 years later....

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Very nice cat.

In the midwest we used to trap the neighbors cats (mostly were dumped out in the country and she took them in) have them fixed and turn them back loose...it really helped cut down on the population.

My mom still has one of the kittens...16 years later....
    My Dad did that with a few cats that wondered into his yard, he'd have them fixed (strange term) get them their shots and flee protection so the cats of course hung around the house to be fed. My Dad built a shelter for them. They were the best protected strays ever and this coming from a man that doesn't like cats

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    My Dad did that with a few cats that wondered into his yard, he'd have them fixed (strange term) get them their shots and flee protection so the cats of course hung around the house to be fed. My Dad built a shelter for them. They were the best protected strays ever and this coming from a man that doesn't like cats
    I just heard today that our local animal control offers cages to capture cats so they can have them fixed and released...

Well, I am in a bit of a bind. Last night, I let Bella out to roam, she is allowing me to pet her, but she is still very scared, my daughter walked up to her and Bella swatted her in the face, punctured her cheek and left scratch marks. It happened in a split second. I know Bella was startled, but toddler are going to do stuff like that. She does that with Leo all the time, he just runs away, he has never gotten aggressive.

I don't think Bella was socialized since she came from a hoarding situation. The woman who had her started out rescuing cats and didn't know when to stop. Then her house caught on fire and only 3 cats were saved. I just don't think I can trust this cat around my daughter, and my daughter comes first obviously. I washed out her wound and applied neosporin and it was better today. But she missed her eye by about 2 inches. Now my daughter is petrified of the cat.

I think i'm going to return her (I didn't formally adopt the cat, I took her in as a foster mom, so I could see if she would be a good match for us) I don't think she is...I'm a bit sad about this.:(

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Well, I am in a bit of a bind. Last night, I let Bella out to roam, she is allowing me to pet her, but she is still very scared, my daughter walked up to her and Bella swatted her in the face, punctured her cheek and left scratch marks. It happened in a split second. I know Bella was startled, but toddler are going to do stuff like that. She does that with Leo all the time, he just runs away, he has never gotten aggressive.

I don't think Bella was socialized since she came from a hoarding situation. The woman who had her started out rescuing cats and didn't know when to stop. Then her house caught on fire and only 3 cats were saved. I just don't think I can trust this cat around my daughter, and my daughter comes first obviously. I washed out her wound and applied neosporin and it was better today. But she missed her eye by about 2 inches. Now my daughter is petrified of the cat.

I think i'm going to return her (I didn't formally adopt the cat, I took her in as a foster mom, so I could see if she would be a good match for us) I don't think she is...I'm a bit sad about this.:(
    Do you think your little one needs to go to the doc for the puncture wound? It's a shame about Bella but the child indeed comes first. I had to give away a beautiful black schnauzer who bit my son on the cheek when he was a toddler. The little one frightened the dog because he fell on the sleeping dog. The second time the dog got a new home when my son was a year older and tried to hold the dog's leash. Baron bit him. Bye bye Baron.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

SLW, she is okay, it looked much better this morning. I am hoping my parents don't notice it. (they watch her while I'm away at work) When I dropped her off today, they didn't notice it, the neosporin really did it's job. They are very protective of her. (as it should be)

I called the rescue person, and her vet is going to take her. The vet helps out rescue animals so I suppose I will drop her off in a few days.:(