Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Sunday Thread: Names for Pets 
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Hot and humid on The Mountain.

We've had lots of animals, mostly cats and dogs, since I was a kid. All of them were taken in as lost animals.

All got names. Some quirky. Some regular cat and dog names. Some just weird,

We had a dog named Fungus. Seriously. One of the best dogs we've ever had. Our cats now are Izzie and Mollie Bea. We had a black Lab named Lucille that we called Lucy.

Birdie. Happy. Clifford. Peanut. Buford. All dogs.

We had a parakete named Chipper. Horses named Slim and Dusty and Baby Doll and Black Jack. A rooster named Uncle Tunk. We had a crow named Joe.

One fo my professors had a cat named Ziggy (Stardust). My Mom had a small dog named Yogi.

TOTD: Pet names you have used or that you may use in the future.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Saki: Rotti we got in Japan. She loved the booze.

Ruffles: Akita/Chow mix we got in Japan. Was just a small puff of fur when we got her. First night she was sitting on the chouch with us, and she crawled into a back of Ruffles chips and started eating. She rolled over, and took the bag with her falling onto the floor. We expected her to freak and run. Instead she just stayed and kept eating.

Cat: Our current cat. To lazy to name an animal who is to stupid to learn their own name anyways.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Abby Charlie and Faye are all our animals my wife wants to use Gimili for a Basset Hound

Fitzgerald Adam and Shannon Eve were our Golden Retrievers. Some of Shannon's puppies were Seamus, Andy, Star, Femily.

Our cats were Dixie, Daisy, Fat Cat, Weird Cat, Sidney and Caeser.

We had a dog named Monroe for a bit.

The kids and I counted one time, and came up with 23 pets that had names. That's a lot, and some never even got names - they just sorta passed through.

Nothing clever in our naming of pets, but I had a neighbor who named her cat Kabootle.

Most of our pets have been rescue dogs who came with a name. SR's dog, Xena, (now mine too) was Creme de Menthe, Blue was Bluloon Onapaw, Darlene was just Darlene. Poor thing is so sweet, but the evil owner wanted her killed. She was spirited out of the kennel before they could put her down, so got no papers or records whatever with her.

Then I had Jessie, Tiny and Jackson, all greyhounds. Before that were Jeeper's Hez Rowdy (Jeep), a Norwegian elkhound. After I got the pup, got the mom. She was a champion Elkie originally named Glowing Costar, but her call name was Buschy.

Buschy looked like a little barrel on short stilts. Her favorite beverage before I got her---Busch beer. She had gone to college with the original owner's daughter. The kids thought her liking for beer was funny.

My schnauzer series (first dogs I had on my own) were Schnapps, Count, and Baron.

Then there was the mutt who had a heat stroke on my lawn. The silly dog followed my mom home from church and then to my house. My mom had lived down the block from me. She didn't like dogs. Sweetie never was the brightest, but managed to get a home with me for about 7 years. She was one ugly dog and not that good tempered. The schnauzer names and Sweetie were the only names that I came up with on my own.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Got a dog story:

Sandy, our friend, was an animal person and lived in Mineral Wells, TX. One day Sandy was driving through town. She stopped at a red light, and noticed a small white dog watching her. Being who Sandy is, she thought, "Well, the dog has no collar. Everyone else is ignoring her; she's kind of scruffy; looks like she's been on her own a while. Maybe I should pick her up."
    Dog kept watching.
    Then Sandy decides, "No. We've got cats and dogs everywhere, the cattle, horses, and enough is enough. I'll pass."
    And Sandy drove away. She finished her errands and drove the 5 - 6 miles back to her ranch, located 1/4 mile off the road.

The next morning Sandy stepped out the door and there was the little dog, waiting for her. Annie, as Sandy named her, came to rule things around the house. She took charge of all the other dogs, and became - if there is such a thing - the Alpha Female.

No one has any idea how Annie found Sandy, or where she may have come from.........:)

We had beagles growing up as a kid. Quite a few of them as my dad liked to hunt for rabbits, so he always kept packs. The two that I remember most and were inside a lot were Regina and Princess.

I had three cats in the past...Tiffany, Cleo(short for Cleopatra) and Stephanie.

Now, I have Leo and Bella.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    We had beagles growing up as a kid. Quite a few of them as my dad liked to hunt for rabbits, so he always kept packs. The two that I remember most and were inside a lot were Regina and Princess.

I had three cats in the past...Tiffany, Cleo(short for Cleopatra) and Stephanie.

Now, I have Leo and Bella.
    Beagles are such sweet dogs. My first and only dog as a kid was "Buster" the beagle. My dad got sick and my mom turned him into the humane society. I never forgave her for that. She kept telling me when I had my own place I could have as many dogs as I wanted. It drove her crazy when I almost always had a minimum of 3 and for a while had 4 at a time.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Lucy and Bodhi are my dogs and my fish are all named after predidents; James Garfield, Barack Obama, Howard Taft (it's a fat fish), Grover Cleveland, Grover Cleveland (Grover Cleveland and Grover Cleveland died on two non-consecutive days last year and I revided both names for new fish), Jamed K. Polk, and James Buchanan. James Buchanan is a pretty fish so that name was obvious. I have other fish I have not named yet.