1. #1 Cuteness level way up. 
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Pretty cool experience for this guy.

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/95...oach-cameraman
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Those were brand new babies. Still wobbly on their feet. I think that's the only reason that happened, they hadn't even been around long enough for instinct to kick in.

I do find it interesting how doe's will react in this situation though. I encountered an abandoned fawn once, the mother had bolted as well when I got nearby. The fawn itself had just hunkered down in the tall grass. I didn't even see it until I almost stepped on it. We both just stared at each other for about a minute before it finally worked up the courage to bolt.

But for the doe, it's odd that they'll run like that leaving their babies unprotected. I've seen video's of people using a deer call, that makes a fawn in distress sound, and does from all around will bolt in to try to rescue it. So why do they abandon it in the first place?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Those were brand new babies. Still wobbly on their feet. I think that's the only reason that happened, they hadn't even been around long enough for instinct to kick in.

I do find it interesting how doe's will react in this situation though. I encountered an abandoned fawn once, the mother had bolted as well when I got nearby. The fawn itself had just hunkered down in the tall grass. I didn't even see it until I almost stepped on it. We both just stared at each other for about a minute before it finally worked up the courage to bolt.

But for the doe, it's odd that they'll run like that leaving their babies unprotected. I've seen video's of people using a deer call, that makes a fawn in distress sound, and does from all around will bolt in to try to rescue it. So why do they abandon it in the first place?
    I think they depend on the fawns which literally are scent free, to hunker down and lay still and thus undetected. They try to draw off the predator.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I think they depend on the fawns which literally are scent free, to hunker down and lay still and thus undetected. They try to draw off the predator.
    That would make sense. I guess most predators aren't as smart as we are. Lucky for them we generally don't go for the cute babies.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.