Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Smoked turkey, a micro green salad, grilled avocado, and a watermelon mojito. :D
    The avocado sounds delicious, how do they grill them?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The avocado sounds delicious, how do they grill them?
    I dunno, on some kind of grill, I guess. They didn't do it in front of us. It had a tasty marinade, though.

I dunno, on some kind of grill, I guess. They didn't do it in front of us. It had a tasty marinade, though.
    that's kinda what I was wondering, whether the used a marinade or not. it would be good soaked in Italian dressing, I'm betting there is something in the marinade to keep them from turning black.
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

that's kinda what I was wondering, whether the used a marinade or not. it would be good soaked in Italian dressing, I'm betting there is something in the marinade to keep them from turning black.
    I've worked in kitchens so I'd guess they used citric acid to hold the avocados and then just dipped them in an acidic marinade. I eat a lot of avocado and I do much the same. ;)

I've worked in kitchens so I'd guess they used citric acid to hold the avocados and then just dipped them in an acidic marinade. I eat a lot of avocado and I do much the same. ;)
    I have never had one cooked in any way but I love um raw. I wondered if you could cook them somehow.

A green salad with crabmeat, beets, dried cranberries and cucumbers.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Lemon juice works fine ...

Avacardos are fattening in quantity .

Tuna Sushi, but it didn't sit well while I was sleeping, so could only eat a few pieces. Just had a ham sammich. :(
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I have never had one cooked in any way but I love um raw. I wondered if you could cook them somehow.
    Slice them into chunks and sprinkle them with Chilli powder and lime or lemon juice .The same with watermellon,chunk the whole thing and place in a large bowl sprinkled with lots of chilli powderand lime juice.

Ensalada De Sandia y Aguacate...

This refreshing salad is a perfect match for spicy dishes.Watermelon and corn topped with salt, lime juice and chili powder.

4 large cups cubed seedless watermelon
    2 large avocado, cubed
    2 cup cilantro leaves.
    2 cob smoked/roasted corn kernels
    Dressing:
    juice of several limes
    large sprinkle of hot chipotle chili powder
    ¼ tsp salt to taste.
    Combine watermelon, avocado, corn and cilantro. Squeeze lime over salad, sprinkle chipotle powder and salt, mix well. Serve immediately.