1. #1 Idiots in Michigan 
    I'm aspiring to become a DNR Conservation Officer in Michigan after I retire from the Air Force. So in my slow time at work, I'll frequently read some of their published bi-weekly reports for activities that the CO's have encountered. I always get a huge kick out of some of the ones like these.

COs Steve Converse and Sam Koscinski conducted a marine patrol on the Big Manistee River targeting maritime safety equipment. The COs had numerous contacts and issued several tickets to canoe and kayak enthusiasts for not having PFDs with them. One subject was very adamant that he did not have or need a PFG and never would. Just after making that statement the kayaker accidentaly flipped his kayak throwing him into 51 degree water where be began gasping for air. The kayaker was unable to get back into his kayak and had to be rescued by the COs. Officers Converse and Koscinski were able to pull the subject into their patrol boat and took him to shore where they treated him for the onset of hypothermia. Once the subject was warmed up and out of danger, he was issued a ticket for not having a PFD.
    You can check out some more here. Always some crazy ones that you'd think you'd only see in a movie.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7...569---,00.html
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

When I was a kid, we used to take M-37 from GR to Traverse City. That was before they built US 131 as a freeway.

One time we were making the ride with my then-teenaged uncle with us. My dad was in a hurry and he didn't slow down as we drove through Baldwin (it was night, or we would have stopped at Jones for ice cream) . My uncle pointed out a cop on the side of the road-my dad looked and said "That's a conservation officer. Conservation officers don't give speeding tickets".

We weren't more than a mile north of town when we saw the flashing lights in the rearview mirror.