Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sonnabend
    Or an actual screening system and regular review of this nasty creature's mental state? Just how many times has this happened before - in the same setting, a college, before? Would they allow such a gun possession solution in Australia?
    We have had several such incidents here, Strathfield, Hoddle Street, Port Arthur, Monash

The fact that you asked the question proves you have, as usual, done no background on the subject before opening your yap.

Go read up and then come back and talk to me. I am not here to educate you
    Instead of taking the lazy way out and not simply checking up on people every once and a while, how about give a damn about your neighbor, in your suburb or in your dorm?
    Like Joe Horn did? That works for me.

Oh and Eyelids

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I don't know about this having guns on campus stuff. We're talking about a bunch of people in which many of them have a hobby of getting drunk and out of control on the weekends. Do we want them to have a gun on campus? Then some of these people put the date rape drug in a woman's drink. Do we want the women they rape to have a gun when this happens (Okay, I'll admit that I do want the woman to have a gun, but she'll still be unfairly charged with murder).
    The people who do these kinds of things aren't going to care if guns are illegal on college campuses, They carry them anyway. What you and alot of other people don't realize is that criminals don't care about laws, that's why they are criminals. You are basically tying the hands of the people who are responsible. The ones who will die when the next Cho comes along and starts killing his classmates again. Why not give them the chance to protect themselves instead of making them easy targets? Cause guns will always be on campus, just in the hands of the criminals.

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    So it's better to have a society armed to the teeth than decent? Bullshit.
    Your god damn right it better to be armed. It takes time for the police to respond to a call. And I refuse to let my family be a victim at Burger King, cause some nutcase didn't get enough pickles on his hamburger. Self defense is done by the self, you cant rely on the police to be there when someone starts shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    Your god damn right it better to be armed. It takes time for the police to respond to a call. And I refuse to let my family be a victim at Burger King, cause some nutcase didn't get enough pickles on his hamburger. Self defense is done by the self, you cant rely on the police to be there when someone starts shooting.
    Well, guess that's a good plan if you're stuck in South Central. :p
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

BSR
    Well, guess that's a good plan if you're stuck in South Central. :p

It happens everywhere..

It happens everywhere..
    I've lived in the same town since 59' and its never happened here and we're 300,000 people. Better change your position to 'almost everywhere'.;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

BSR
    I've lived in the same town since 59' and its never happened here and we're 300,000 people. Better change your position to 'almost everywhere'.;)
    What town do you live in? I'm sure I can find an instance when someone shot another person.

What town do you live in? I'm sure I can find an instance when someone shot another person.
    Huntington Beach, CA. And yes - we do have shootings on a regular basis in my fine city - via my police department. I'm glad to have my tax dollars consumed in that way. My home is armed and my town has a very large police force with two copters in the air 18 hours a day. But unlike the subject of this thread - we've never had a mass shooting. Sorry.:o

Sonnabend
    March 5, 2001: Santee, California
    A 15 year-old opens fire from inside a school bathroom, shooting 15 and killing 2.

April 28, 1998: Pomona, California
    A 14 year-old shoots three boys. Two are killed.

January 29, 2000: Cupertino, California
    A 19 year-old plans to attack his high school with guns and explosives. He takes photos of himself and his arsenal. When he has the photos developed, a drug store clerk sees them and calls police.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Man walks into junkyard Santa Maria, Calif., kills four

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    March 5, 2001: Santee, California
    A 15 year-old opens fire from inside a school bathroom, shooting 15 and killing 2.

April 28, 1998: Pomona, California
    A 14 year-old shoots three boys. Two are killed.

January 29, 2000: Cupertino, California
    A 19 year-old plans to attack his high school with guns and explosives. He takes photos of himself and his arsenal. When he has the photos developed, a drug store clerk sees them and calls police.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Man walks into junkyard Santa Maria, Calif., kills four
    Watch him come back saying that has nothing to do with the OP, therefore is irrelevant.
    Thanks to SarasotaRepub for your help! :D