1. #1 Iran sends submarines to Red Sea... 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran has sent submarines to the Red Sea, the semi-official Fars news agency reported on Tuesday, citing an unidentified source, in a move that could anger Israel.

"Iranian military submarines entered the Red Sea waters with the goal of collecting information and identifying other countries' combat vessels," Fars said.....It did not specify the number or type of vessels involved but said they were sailing alongside warships of the Navy's 14th fleet.

State-run Press TV said in May the 14th fleet, comprised of two vessels, the Bandar Abbas warship and Shahid Naqdi destroyer, had been sent to combat piracy in the Gulf of Aden.
    "The fleet entered the Gulf of Aden region in May and has now entered the Red Sea in the continuation of its mission," Fars said.

Two Iranian warships passed through the Suez Canal in February, the first such move since the 1979 Islamic Revolution, en route to Syria. Tehran said the mission was one of "peace and friendship" but Israel called it a "provocation.".....Iran announced last August it had expanded its fleet of domestically built 120-tonne Ghadir-class submarines to 11 which it said would be used to patrol the Gulf and the Sea of Oman.
    Ghadir is a Home Built class of Iranian midget submarines with two torpedo tubes and a crew of only eighteen .
    It is named after Ghadir Khumm, a place in Saudi Arabia that is holy to Shia Muslims.
    Propulsion: Diesel-electric propulsion
    Speed: 11 knots
    Complement: 18
    Armament: 2 x 533mm torpedos, mines

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/iran-sends-...081353728.html

Oh, bring 'em on, by all means! I pulled up an image of these submarines, and while not a religious man myself, I can certainly understand the need to call out to some deity when I close the hatch on one of these babies. I wouldn't choose Allah, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    Oh, bring 'em on, by all means! I pulled up an image of these submarines, and while not a religious man myself, I can certainly understand the need to call out to some deity when I close the hatch on one of these babies. I wouldn't choose Allah, but that's just me.
    It looks like a kids toy...One air dropped Israeli Depth charge and hello Allah ..

The Ghadir-class subs are light reconaissance subs. Iran also has Kilo class subs, which they bought from the Russians, and which displace 4,000 tons submerged, and are anti-ship subs. The Ghadirs will map the Red Sea for the Iranian Navy and provide them with information on Saudi, Jordanian, Egyptian and, of course, Israeli coastal defense capabilities. The Red Sea also feeds into the Suez Canal, which Iran has previously shown an interest in. The threat is that with the information that these subs acquire, Iran will be in a position to send their Kilos or surface vessels in to interdict oil ships bound for Suez, or mine strategic spots.

This has serious implications for all of the nations that border the Red Sea, as well as the nations that receive oil through it, which is basically all of southern Europe.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    ............ The threat is that with the information that these subs acquire, Iran will be in a position to send their Kilos or surface vessels in to interdict oil ships bound for Suez, or mine strategic spots...........
    I just don't take all this stuff seriously. Maybe with Obama at the helm Iran may feel free to plant mines and interdict shipping on the high seas, but I doubt that they would. I say let 'em send their subs anywhere they want.

The Soviet Union used to do all this posturing stuff; in fact I was aboard a Minesweeper that was approached one night by a Soviet Cruiser in the Pacific. The Cap'n just blew them off (Flashing light: I have nothing for you) and they went away.

Iranians act like children sometimes. "I'm gonna hit you. I am. Here I come. It's gonna really hurt!"

"Fire away or shut up", I say.

I just don't take all this stuff seriously. Maybe with Obama at the helm Iran may feel free to plant mines and interdict shipping on the high seas, but I doubt that they would. I say let 'em send their subs anywhere they want.

The Soviet Union used to do all this posturing stuff; in fact I was aboard a Minesweeper that was approached one night by a Soviet Cruiser in the Pacific. The Cap'n just blew them off (Flashing light: I have nothing for you) and they went away.

Iranians act like children sometimes. "I'm gonna hit you. I am. Here I come. It's gonna really hurt!"

Iran has been increasing its capabilities for several years now, and with the rise of Islamists in Egypt, Libya and Tunisia, they feel that they are in a stronger position than ever before. Interdiction of Red Sea shipping is the kind of scenario that gives strategic planners nightmares. Also, remember that Iran is not a rational actor. Ahmedinejad is motivated by a fanatical belief in the imminent return of the Twelfth Imam, and will do whatever he feels is necessary to precipitate that event. Since he believes that this requires a conflagration, he's happy to implement it. That's why Iran wants nukes, and that is why they are provoking wars throughout their reach.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Sometimes they do behave as little children but they can be very dangerous.They lack serious military capability and their credibility is sometimes lacking but they will provoke some serious Nuclear military response if they do attack Israel with Nuclear weapons...

Iran is using it's proxie, Syria to attack Israels Golan Hights while the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood and Trukey add to the pressure with the boat floatilla driving on Gaza .
    Gaza, at the same time, is being infultrated from Egypt while Israel fights on several fonts to hold off the invaders .

Israel is unable to defeat Iran and the rest of the Arabs surrounding her but she can and will defend herself...Obama has further destabilized the middle east with his meddling and his kingdom building but Israel will not be bullied by this far left liberal/Progressive White House .

If there were a major,all out, surge in the attacks on Israel from Egypt and Syria on several fronts Israel would consider a Nuclear response to Iran,Syria,Egypt and perhaps Turkey .