Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Quest to embarrass son turns father into internet sensation 
    Quest to embarrass son turns father into internet sensation

PHOENIX - A Utah man has become an Internet sensation all because of an idea that developed from trying to embarrass his son.

Dale Price wanted to embarrass his son on the first day of his sophomore year in high school.

He went out in front of their home and waved at his school bus as it drove by them.

Dale liked embarrassing his son so much, he decided to do it on the second day while wearing a costume

He did it again on the third day with a different costume.

One-hundred-seventy school days and costumes later, Dale is now an Internet star.

Photos of his various costumes have been posted to a blog. Costumes include a wedding dress and even Dale sitting on a toilet while reading a newspaper in front of the house.

On day 170, he dressed as a pirate. See the blog and photos .

His son was mortified the first few weeks of school.

Eventually, the son and the bus full of other kids couldn't wait to see what dad would be wearing.

I think "internet sensation" is going a little far but whatever. When his son becomes a serial killer, we'll know who to blame.
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

Banned
    I betcha the neighbors are embarrassed to live next to this quack.

Power CUer
    And people wonder why seemingly nice kids suddenly shoot their parents, or chop them up with an axe.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    I think "internet sensation" is going a little far but whatever. When his son becomes a serial killer, we'll know who to blame.
    LOL - I didn't see that before I posted!
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Some of these little brats deserve it!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Meh...What a great dad! I don't know what he does for a living, but who has time to dress up as 'something' every day of the school year? We all know how it started, and I've got a feeling that if the son was truly embarrassed then Pops would have knocked it off.

Good for you, Dad.....They'll be talking about you at the Thanksgiving table for generations!:)

Is that guy wearing a fake deer leg?

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Is that guy wearing a fake deer leg?
    He is missing a leg. Which makes it even cooler. The Pirate costume was awesome.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I think thats awesome. Whatever the initial cause, how many dads take the time to that? I would have loved that as a kid!

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    He is missing a leg. Which makes it even cooler. The Pirate costume was awesome.
    So he's actually missing a leg and substituted a deer leg?

(Trying to catch up here.)