Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Man Faces Lawsuit for Billboard on Girlfriend’s Abortion 
    Man Faces Lawsuit for Billboard on Girlfriend’s Abortion

by Steven Ertelt | Alamogordo, NM | LifeNews.com | 6/7/11 12:31 PM

A New Mexico man faces a lawsuit form his former girlfriend over a public billboard he paid for that exposed the abortion decision she made and his grief that it robbed him of his child.

Greg Fultz erected the billboard weeks ago with the words, “This Would Have Been A Picture Of My 2-Month Old Baby If The Mother Had Decided To Not KILL Our Child!” The billboard shows a picture of Fultz holding an outline of a an infant.

“My original intentions when I started this campaign were quite simple,” Fultz said. “I just wanted to shed the light on pro-life issues and fathers’ rights. I have had no closure over my own personal loss and that’s where the billboard came into play.”

Now, Fultz’s girlfriend has sued and claiming the billboard violates her right to privacy and a local court has suggested that the billboard be removed. Fultz and his attorney have appealed the restraining order saying that his rights to free speech are abridged by it.
    This is fascinating - not only the free speech implications but the ethical side. It may be her unilateral decision but it was his baby. Does he have to shut up about it for the rest of his life?

Pic at the link.

Life News

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    This is fascinating - not only the free speech implications but the ethical side. It may be her unilateral decision but it was his baby. Does he have to shut up about it for the rest of his life?

Pic at the link.

Life News
    Unless he is committing Libel, I dont know what she can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Unless he is committing Libel, I dont know what she can do.
    I'm guessing she will try to make it a privacy issue. Pregnancy seems like a real gray area in terms of privacy violations. If she hadn't had an abortion, her reproductive status would become public anyway. Since he claims she did and it's his kid, does he have the right to disclose the information since he's genetically involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I'm guessing she will try to make it a privacy issue. Pregnancy seems like a real gray area in terms of privacy violations. If she hadn't had an abortion, her reproductive status would become public anyway. Since he claims she did and it's his kid, does he have the right to disclose the information since he's genetically involved?
    I wouldn't think privacy would be a legitimate issue here. The woman is not named on the billboard...anyone who could infer who she is by the picture of the father who would presumably be an acquantance of theirs who he could just talk to about it I would guess.

Of course, I'm trying to apply common sense to the law and that's probably my first mistake here...:)

Power CUer
    I think he's a putz, but he doesn't seem to have mentioned her name.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I just wonder if he is truly pro-life or just really pissed off at his ex girlfriend.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I just wonder if he is truly pro-life or just really pissed off at his ex girlfriend.
    It's certainly possible to be both; if only the latter, I'd think he would have mentioned her name in big letters.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    The real privacy concern is that it is now public knowledge that she hit that.... damn.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    The real privacy concern is that it is now public knowledge that she hit that.... damn.
    and it's public knowledge that you are a moron....

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    *snicker*