Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    and it's public knowledge that you are a moron....
    Oh, c'mon, that was kind of funny.
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I think he's a putz, but he doesn't seem to have mentioned her name.
    Explain why he's a putz. I will wait for your reply before replying in earnest.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    Oh, c'mon, that was kind of funny.
    it was, but we know his stance on abortion and will come in with his tripe sooner or later

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Explain why he's a putz. I will wait for your reply before replying in earnest.
    I'm still waiting for an answer from #'s on this question.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I heard about this on the radio yesterday. As the article points out, the woman claimed that she did not have an abortion, but a miscarriage. If this is true, then the sign is a libel. In addition, some points that the commentators made that weren't in the article:

• Fultz has a history of violent threats against his ex, many of which were documented on his Twitter page. They read a few of his entries, and they were really vile.
    • The name of his ex is Nani. The organization, N.A.N.I that the billboard claims it was made for, is simply her name, converted into an acronym.

The ex's lawsuit charges him with invasion of privacy and harrassment. Given the background, she's definitely proven the harrassment. I think that she also should have included libel or slander under the suit, since she will ought to be able to provide medical records attesting to the miscarriage, and the placement of her name in the billboard clearly demonstrates that he was defaming her.

BTW, Fultz had the right to put up the billboard. The First Amendment is absolute on that, but there are consequences to free speech, in the form of torts, or wrongful acts. Just because I have the right to say something doesn't mean that the people that I say it about have no right to redress. If she can prove damages, he may end up regretting opening up this can of worms.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I'm still waiting for an answer from #'s on this question.
    It's a goofy thing to do. And a face that looks like his doesn't look good in billboard size. Seriously, who does something like this over a bad breakup?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    I had heard the stalker and harassment info yesterday as well. If that's not a putz, I don't know what is.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    "He admits that when the relationship ended, the baby was lost, but he does not know whether it was due to an abortion or a miscarriage. Fultz says that Lawrence would not tell him what happened."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/abortion-bi...ry?id=13783668

Putz.

Power CUer

hmmmm.... Psycho Putz.

Power CUer
    And this article says that when they were together, she was EIGHTEEN to his THIRTY-FIVE.

Your turn, NJCard - tell me why he is NOT a Putz.

National Post (f/k/a The Financial Post) (Canada)

June 9, 2011 Thursday
    National Edition

She killed mychild, lover's billboard says; Man claims girlfriend had an abortion

BYLINE: Zelie Pollon, Reuters, With Files From News Services

SECTION: CANADA; Pg. A6

LENGTH: 406 words

DATELINE: SANTA FE, N.M.

S A N T A F E , N.M. . A New Mexico man who said he was upset his girlfriend had an abortion bought a highway billboard and accused her of killing their child.

The billboard, in Alamogordo, south of Albuquerque, shows Greg Fultz, 35, holding the outline of a baby in his arms. It reads, "This Would Have Been A Picture of My 2month-Old Baby If the Mother Had Decided to NOT Kill Our Child!"

Calling the billboard harassment and an invasion of privacy, the former girlfriend, Nani Lawrence, has taken him to court under the New Mexico Family Violence Protection Act.

But Mr. Fultz says he's exercising his First Amendment rights, said his attorney, Todd Holmes.

"Citizens have the right to express their speech through any media and he chose a billboard," Mr. Holmes said. "We feel a billboard fits within the First Amendment even if it's offensive to some."

A petition filed by Ms. Lawrence says Mr. Fultz had a pattern of stalking and harassment, including posting "intimate cyber shots of me from one of our cyber dates," she wrote.

The petition alleging domestic abuse also requests that the billboard be removed and online harassment stopped.

Mr. Fultz, who runs a computer services business, had the billboard put up in midMay.

In a hearing last week, a judge ordered the billboard to come down by mid-June.

Mr. Holmes said he plans to file a motion to keep the billboard up, but his client is ready to face prison if necessary.

"That's how passionately he feels about protecting his free speech," he said.

The lawyer said when Mr. Fultz and Ms. Lawrence, who was then 18, found out she was pregnant, she wanted to get married. Mr. Fultz refused.

During a church camping trip there was a "discussion about an ultimatum -either 'You marry me or I'm not going to have this baby' type of thing."

The woman later flew to Wisconsin for work and when she returned she was no longer pregnant, Mr. Holmes said. She did not explain what happened, but Mr. Fultz suspected she had an abortion.

"I know it's her body," Mr. Holmes said. "But his statement is more along the lines of 'Hey, you know what? Dads have a decision in the process too.' "

New Mexico's Right to Life Committee initially endorsed the billboard, but has withdrawn its support because it received a number of emails from people who said the woman had a miscarriage, not an abortion, said Dauneen Dolce, the executive director.

Some of Ms. Lawrence's friends also say she had a miscarriage.