Thread: Teh Stupid...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Is there a compelling argument for his resignation?
    No more than there was for Mark Foley.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    No more than there was for Mark Foley.
    Or Chris Lee.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I'll throw the possibly out. The others are not enough, in my opinion.

His election (assuming he has a district next year) will determine if the others matter. For me, this is just all cringe worthy gossip. So far, there doesn't appear to be anything of substance to this whole thing.

Craig put up a bit of a fight and remember, ther was an arrest involved. Also, others from Vitter to Clinton, have not resigned with much, much worse involved.

Chris Lee is the only thing close to this and to me, it is the same; mid-life crisis embarrassment but nothing awful.
    He was sending potential blackmail material to casual online acquaintances. That would result in a revocation of security clearances for anyone not actually in the congress. He also spun up the NSA and other security agencies by falsely claiming that his account had been hacked. Hacking of any online accounts belonging to a member of congress has serious national security implications, especially if his passwords for other accounts had been compromised. In doing this, he showed terrible judgement and a complete lack of concern for the consequences of his conduct.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    He was sending potential blackmail material to casual online acquaintances. That would result in a revocation of security clearances for anyone not actually in the congress. He also spun up the NSA and other security agencies by falsely claiming that his account had been hacked. Hacking of any online accounts belonging to a member of congress has serious national security implications, especially if his passwords for other accounts had been compromised. In doing this, he showed terrible judgement and a complete lack of concern for the consequences of his conduct.
    Hmmmm.....

Never thought about that.

Good point! Wonder how many other "games" are played, we have no idea about...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Vitter.

Vitter.
    And? We were saying he needed to stay?

The Party might have been, but they were trying to play musical chairs, not wanting to give anymore up to the Dems.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Vitter.
    Although the blackmail issue is valid, Vitter didn't claim to have been compromised by hackers, so he didn't create the same kind of stir at the various security agencies that Weiner did. But, Vitter certainly could have been blackmailed by anyone with knowledge of his activities, and he actually did commit multiple counts of soliciting prostitutes. So, I agree, he should have stepped down. But then, so should Barney Frank, Gerry Studds, Teddy Kennedy, Charlie Rangel... Shall I continue?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Although the blackmail issue is valid, Vitter didn't claim to have been compromised by hackers, so he didn't create the same kind of stir at the various security agencies that Weiner did. But, Vitter certainly could have been blackmailed by anyone with knowledge of his activities, and he actually did commit multiple counts of soliciting prostitutes. So, I agree, he should have stepped down. But then, so should Barney Frank, Gerry Studds, Teddy Kennedy, Charlie Rangel... Shall I continue?
    The blackmail thing you talk about is actually the answer to the question the Libs keep tossing about about "Why should this matter"?

OPSEC and espionage is why something like what Rep. Wiener did is wrong or any Congresscritter caught in the same situation is wrong..

One of the techniques that intelligence agencies use to turn people and work for them is sex.

Imagine the coup for some intelligence agency to be running as one of their informants...a sitting U.S. Congressman.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.