Thread: South Beach Diet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    It's Atkins with no bacon. :D
    Hell no...... I refuse to eat turkey bacon in my house. Real bacon or nothing at all.

Exercise.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Banned
    The South Beach diet worked for me and then I got off of it and gained most of the weight back. I also quit walking. Need to start back on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    It's Atkins with no bacon. :D
    LOL!!!!!

I've kept off the 60 lbs that I lost last summer/fall...I continue to lose inches...

I just limit what I eat and drink a "shake" once a day..a healthy shake... www.healthyshake.co

The shake is like a trip to the salad bar with seven plates! It's full of the stuff I would not normally take the time to find, buy, or fix..... O magazine even did an article about it. The website explains it pretty well... It ends up costing me about four bucks a day, but I can spend that on one energy drink or fast food sandwhich...and the shake tastes so much better. So many veristle recipes also...I add fruit, extracts, coffee, etc to mix it up and keep it from being borring...I really enjoy drinking it also...

Keep in mind. I was able to keep the weight off with both legs wrapped in casts due to a nasty leg infection while off work... I still have more to lose...I have a ton more energy now...I even amaze myself.

I am still under my first goal...and now working on my second goal. It's tought as some nights I work until 10 PM nd I try to make myself not eat after work...as you really don't want to eat three hours before bed...but that is sometimes easier said then done...

I have friends that have had great results with the at home work out DVDs, rather then paying for a gym membership, it has worked out better for them. One girl I know was a size 14 last July and she is now a 4....her desk job slowly put on the pounds. My doctor does not want me doing any of them due to some health issues that need fixed... You've seen the infomercials I am sure for most of them.... www.beachbodycoach.com/paintkarz

That is my plug....

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    Hell no...... I refuse to eat turkey bacon in my house. Real bacon or nothing at all.
    After a fairly limited diet, that turkey bacon tastes really good. :D

SR isn't too fond of it, but has been eating it. He's lost some weight without even trying. It's not fair that men can lose weight so much more easily than women (most of the time).

I seriously can barely walk now, the knee is bothering me so much. So i guess it's South Beach time so I can walk well enough to be able to walk on Siesta Beach, which is only a couple miles from our house. The physical therapist and orthopedist both told me to not walk on beaches til my knee is fixed. So that's a good incentive for me.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    screw the turkey, get Beef Bacon!!

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    screw the turkey, get Beef Bacon!!
    Homer: Wait a minute wait a minute wait a minute. Lisa honey, are you saying you're *never* going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
    Lisa: No.
    Homer: Ham?
    Lisa: No.
    Homer: Pork chops?
    Lisa: Dad! Those all come from the same animal!
    Homer: Yeah, right Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.
    ~ From The Simpsons

SLW, restricting food groups usually does not work in the long term. I have just cut down on portions and choose healthier foods now. It works better to keep the weight off. When I feel like splurging, I do, but not often. I don't like the word DIET, because mentally, you feel like you're being restricted, and when we feel restricted, we try to bust out and end up binge eating.

I find that if I just make an effort to eat healthy, but with no RULES, I do better. I am much thinner now than I was before my daughter. ( of course I get a lot of exercise chasing after her :))