Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Miami PD really screwed up. 
    Banned
    So they point a gun at an obviously innocent bystander, shoot 4 people after unloading 90 shots into a car and basically make Miami prime grounds for Rodney King 2.0.

Slick move Miami cops.

Ok... not leaving this in Breaking News. Provide some links or something.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    So they point a gun at an obviously innocent bystander, shoot 4 people after unloading 90 shots into a car and basically make Miami prime grounds for Rodney King 2.0.

Slick move Miami cops.
    Is this what you are talking about?
    http://reason.com/blog/2011/06/08/mi...ot-man-to-deat
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Banned
    Yea pretty much. The video is pretty shocking, way overboard on the use of deadly force.

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    Yea pretty much. The video is pretty shocking, way overboard on the use of deadly force.
    Apparently there is some sort of cover up, not good.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

I don't like this move to not allow citizens to record newsworthy events, the government records us on a continual basis, this is one sided and getting out of hand in my opinion.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yeah, stuff like this is what DU's RaginginMiami is always complaining about and they are right at times. They need to get rid of the bad apples.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Yeah, stuff like this is what DU's RaginginMiami is always complaining about and they are right at times. They need to get rid of the bad apples.
    The key differance is that Raging tries to create situations to piss the police off, where this was just bystanders.

It's a bad situation at the least though. I hope some serious shit comes down for it.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I don't like this move to not allow citizens to record newsworthy events, the government records us on a continual basis, this is one sided and getting out of hand in my opinion.

I agree. The police are our employees, not our rulers.

The last part of that video is just insane. The initial shooting may or may not have been justified, but I can't imagine any rules of engagement that would permit pointing a weapon at someone who is not holding a weapon or otherwise demonstrating any threat. I'm not going to say more until the investigation is completed, because there may be some mitigating facts that aren't on the video, but I cannot imagine what they would be.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!