1. #1 Sources: Gingrich Aides Resign En Masse From Campaign 

Via Fox News & The Daily Caller

Top members of former House Speaker Newt Gingrich's senior staff have resigned from his presidential campaign, Fox News confirms.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...from-campaign/

WASHINGTON (AP) — Newt Gingrich’s campaign manager and numerous other key aides have resigned together, a strong blow to his hopes for the Republican presidential nomination.

Gingrich press spokesman Rick Tyler told The Associated Press that he’s resigned along with campaign manager Rob Johnson, senior strategists and aides in key early primary states.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/09/ap...sign-en-masse/
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Power CUer
    Wait - he has a campaign?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Update:

WASHINGTON – Republican presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich's campaign manager, senior strategists and key aides in early delegate-selection states all resigned on Thursday, a mass exodus that leaves his hopes of winning the Republican nomination in tatters.

Rick Tyler, Gingrich's spokesman, said he, campaign manager Rob Johnson and senior strategists had resigned, along with aides in the early primary and caucus states of Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina.

Other officials said Gingrich was informed that his entire high command was quitting in a meeting earlier in the day. They cited differences over the direction of the campaign but were not more specific.

The officials declined to be identified by name, saying they were not authorized to discuss private conversations.

Gingrich told the group he intends to stay in the race, they added.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110609/...grich_campaign
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Wait - he has a campaign?
    Yeah. It's that thing with the big torpedo hole he blew in the side of it within days of announcing.

Good riddance.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Yeah. It's that thing with the big torpedo hole he blew in the side of it within days of announcing.

Good riddance.
    This should be interesting...he's saying via his FaceBook page he's still in the race.

The buzz on Twitter is Carney, Newt's (now former) campaign manager, bailed so he could help Rick Perry. If that's true, I dig it. Apparently, Carney has been a longtime political adviser to Perry.
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    The buzz on Twitter is Carney, Newt's (now former) campaign manager, bailed so he could help Rick Perry. If that's true, I dig it. Apparently, Carney has been a longtime political adviser to Perry.
    Newt was not going anywhere so he should pack his bags and STFU.

I would love to see Perry get into the race. 38% of all the jobs created in the US for the last year were created in the state of Texas. Plus, unlike most of the others in the race with the exception of Palin, Perry is very knowledgeable on energy. Not the greenie crap but the stuff that comes out of the ground.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 06-09-2011 at 11:04 PM.

It is almost sad to see this. But it is sure a sign that he should
    get out now while he still has some dignity left. I never thought
    he had even a slim chance. He's just too much of a washed up
    DC has-been. He would make a great GOP Chairman though.
    We need someone strong to lead the party and he'd be a good
    pick for a role like that I think.