Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 "Gay Bar Bans 'Predatory' Straight Woman " 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    A GAY venue in Collingwood has won the right to ban women to ensure its patrons are not subjected to attempts by predatory females to turn them straight.

VCAT has granted Sircuit Bar in Smith St an exemption to anti-discrimination laws, allowing it to ban women because they make the men uncomfortable.

"The applicant primarily relies on the exemption to exclude women from the venue, other than on Sundays after 3pm," VCAT reasoned.

"This is to ensure that gay men are not subject to attempts to change their sexuality, which reduce their comfort in the venue, which includes being fully accepted for who they are."

Despite the ruling, a spokesman for the venue said the club had never had a problem with women trying to turn gay men straight.

"We haven't had that problem here. But it does happen that women try and turn gay men straight," said the general manager, who wanted to be known only as Steve.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

"When I was at high school and came out, plenty of my girlfriends said come with me and I'll turn you straight. You'd have to ask VCAT why they made the ruling."

Sircuit is a two-level nightclub that includes pool tables, a maze, movie lounges, private rooms and a wash area.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/col...-1226072643723
    Last edited by megimoo; 06-10-2011 at 02:32 PM.

Banned
    That's weird. Never heard of straight women going to gay bars to convert the men. They go to have girls night drinking, dancing, etc away from crowds of predatory men - gay bars are safer.

Which, ironically enough, makes gay bars a prime spot to meet straight ladies.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    That's weird. Never heard of straight women going to gay bars to convert the men. They go to have girls night drinking, dancing, etc away from crowds of predatory men - gay bars are safer.

What would Homosexuals do with an Normal Woman ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    What would Homosexuals do with an Normal Woman ?
    Be friends. Lots of gays love befriending straight women and vice versa.

The big Cheese
    This whole thing is fucking retarded.....
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    Be friends. Lots of gays love befriending straight women and vice versa.
    Dont forget a lot of these men are Bi and they love spreading HIV to straight women. That would be a good service if the women can turn these man from their perverted path back to playing on the right team, they shouldn't be banned but encouraged.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Dont forget a lot of these men are Bi and they love spreading HIV to straight women.

I think this is great and I hope it opens up the door for other establishments to define their clientele.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I think this is great and I hope it opens up the door for other establishments to define their clientele.
    Private clubs have been able to do that already, haven't they?

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post

You didn't know one of my college roommates. She was always trying to seduce gay men, it was sort of the ultimate challenge to her. She saw priests the same way. She also liked girls. Patty was pansexual. I kicked her out after she tried to sleep with my boyfriend.