Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I think this is great and I hope it opens up the door for other establishments to define their clientele.
    While I agree with you Ginger, we both know what would happen if a singles bar said no transgendered/crossdressers allowed because the men and women want to be sure that the person they are hitting on/getting hit on by are the gender they claim to be.
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Private clubs have been able to do that already, haven't they?
    This sounds like an open bar to me, not a private club.

Even then private clubs have been sued because they exclude people. Remember all of the men only clubs that were under fire by the femnazis?
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

I just read Title II of The Civil Rights Act of 1964 and could not find a prohibition of gender discrimination. I am really not sure on it, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    What would Homosexuals do with an Normal Woman ?
    Makeovers. :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I just read Title II of The Civil Rights Act of 1964 and could not find a prohibition of gender discrimination. I am really not sure on it, to be honest.
    That's because Title VII and Title IX deal with gender discrimination, but only in employment and education. The precedent that applies here is the case of Boy Scouts of America v. Dale, which established that a private organization had a right to freedom of association. In this case, the Boy Scouts of America had dismissed a scout leader who was openly homosexual. The decision stated that "Forcing a group to accept certain members may impair the ability of the group to express those views, and only those views, that it intends to express...the presence of Dale as an assistant scoutmaster would … interfere with the Boy Scouts' choice not to propound a point of view contrary to its beliefs."

BTW, I happen to think that the bar owners are within their rights, but given another precedent, which is the NJ State Civil Rights Commission's harrassment of eharmony.com, which was a dating service whose expressly stated mission was to connect singles for the purpose of marriage, and which didn't take male to male or female to female ads because such marriages were not recognized, the precedent has been established that you cannot bar a patron based on gender or orientation, so the bar owners may not be legally safe. Sauce for the goose...
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    That's because Title VII and Title IX deal with gender discrimination, but only in employment and education.
    That's why I went to Title II, because it deals with businesses.

The precedent that applies here is the case of Boy Scouts of America v. Dale, which established that a private organization had a right to freedom of association.
    If it is a private club.

In this case, the Boy Scouts of America had dismissed a scout leader who was openly homosexual. The decision stated that "Forcing a group to accept certain members may impair the ability of the group to express those views, and only those views, that it intends to express...the presence of Dale as an assistant scoutmaster would … interfere with the Boy Scouts' choice not to propound a point of view contrary to its beliefs."
    A good decision. Also applies to their ability to discriminate on the basis of religion as well.

On a side note, I have always found it odd that defenders of the Boy Scouts of America bristle at that organization being characterized as discriminatory when they went to the Supreme Court to ensure their right to discriminate.

Weird.

BTW, I happen to think that the bar owners are within their rights, but given another precedent, which is the NJ State Civil Rights Commission's harrassment of eharmony.com, which was a dating service whose expressly stated mission was to connect singles for the purpose of marriage, and which didn't take male to male or female to female ads because such marriages were not recognized, the precedent has been established that you cannot bar a patron based on gender or orientation, so the bar owners may not be legally safe. Sauce for the goose...
    We'll see, I suppose.

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    You didn't know one of my college roommates. She was always trying to seduce gay men, it was sort of the ultimate challenge to her. She saw priests the same way. She also liked girls. Patty was pansexual. I kicked her out after she tried to sleep with my boyfriend.
    I have known fag hags in my time
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    This whole thing is fucking retarded.....
    Correct. Let a private club ban ban queers and these liberal freaks go nuts.

Fabulous Poster
    Read the article. This is not a gay bar, it's a "bathhouse". Have you ever been to a bar with private rooms, a maze, and a "wash area"?

I've never known a bathhouse to have problems with females wanting to attend, but I suppose it's possible as definitions of hip and fun things to do change over time.

As a rule, though, efforts to exclude women from gay male venues are intended to exclude lesbians and straight men. Straight women often start off going to gay clubs with gay men, and then start getting straight dates to bring them there. Some straight guys like the attention, some just take up space, and some are obnoxious. Other (and I've always thought clever) straight men have discovered that some of the best looking and most fun straight women can be found in gay dance bars. And there are a few straight men who just like to dance.

I have always found that the mixed bars were the most fun. You really can't be the #1 club in town (and it's usually a gay club that is) and be too exclusive. Door policy is an art.

The big Cheese
    again, this whole thing is fucking retarded
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.