1. #1 Friday Felicitations 
    Power CUer
    It's been hot and muggy in the DC area and will continue so today.

TOTD: Greeting cards. I enjoy finding just the right one for the right person, and yesterday I received a birthday card that someone who knows me VERY well picked out. It has Judy Garland as Dorothy on the front saying "There's no place like Paris... There's no place like Paris...."

Inside, it says, "Oh, yeah, like if you had magic shoes, you'd go to KANSAS." :D

Do you prefer: 1) funny cards? 2) romantic/serious cards? or, 3) I'm a guy, I wish cards had never been invented at all and I hope the person who did it is burning in hell at this very moment!
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Another excellent day on tap with temps holding in the low 70s and possible T-storms in the late afternoon.

TOTD: I have mixed feelings about cards. I do like to get them from time to time and I prefer funny cards (not funny sympathy cards, however). On the other hand, I'm pretty ruthless with them as far as display goes. I think 24 hours is way long enough and then I pitch them. Some people apparently find this to be disrespectful or possibly Commie (like my Mother did).

Power CUer
    I mostly do not keep cards very long; there are a few exceptions, and I think the one I described in the OP might be one I keep forever. :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I mostly do not keep cards very long; there are a few exceptions, and I think the one I described in the OP might be one I keep forever. :)
    A few might be worth keeping, I'm not sure. To tell you the truth, I'm just not the kind of person of who plays around with memorabilia much. I have viewed my wedding pictures precisely twice and one of those occasions was to ensure that everything had been included.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I have viewed my wedding pictures precisely twice and one of those occasions was to ensure that everything had been included.
    LOL, my husband says men are the romantics, and at your house it looks like it's Mr. Snaps. :p