Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 kids of religious families are ‘target demographic’ of anti-‘gay bullying’ ad 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    June 10, 2011 (LifeSiteNews.com) - After the broadcast of a homosexualist advertisement during the family-friendly Fox show American Idol prompted outrage, the founder of the ad campaign has confirmed that such advertisements are intended to promote the message of the gay rights lobby to young children in households that normally wouldn’t support it. One conservative leader has now demanded that Google, Fox, and Disney-Pixar sever their ties with the campaign.

Peggy Nance of Concerned Women for America expressed outrage that the Fox network aired an “anti-gay bullying” advertisement, part of the “It Gets Better” campaign, during the extremely popular competition show.

Doubling as an advertisement for Google Chrome, the ad features several Hollywood personalities, and even a character from the popular Disney-Pixar movie series Toy Story, who speak directly to and encourage an audience of young people identifying as homosexual, telling them that “It gets better.”

On her blog, Nance called Fox’s choice of ad placement a betrayal of trust of conservative households everywhere.

“Apparently, American Idol with the help of Woody from Disney’s Toy Story, thinks that my 4th grader needs to be fully aware of the plight of teens who view themselves as ‘gay.’ I am sorry, but he doesn’t even know about heterosexual sex yet. Can you give me some room here?” wrote Nance. “I am ticked because I feel tricked. Fox blew it last night.

“The point is parents felt secure in allowing our entire families watch this show. They lured us into a false sense of security and broke trust with us last night.”

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/top...t+Headlines%29

Well the forces of the perverted and evil try to subvert the good and the innocent.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Well the forces of the perverted and evil try to subvert the good and the innocent.
    That's what the battle for the Heart and Soul of America is all about !

Banned
    I like this part:

"Now I don’t know if Nance’s son is gay, bi, or trans, but if he is, he needs to know more than most that it can get better for him too, that there’s hope for his future, and that the adult world isn’t entirely populated by hateful s***s like his mother,” he wrote, adding “here’s hoping” that “Nance’s son is gay.”

Well done sir!

Banned
    And c'mon really?

American Idol... vapid depraved pop-culture obsessed celebrity worship ("idolatry", if you will), unreality-reality tv... is supposed to be some paragon of traditional american family values?

Here I was thinking it was a perfect symbol everything that is pathological about our values - we don't care about algebra, history, or science but we can rattle off all the names of the winners of Idol since its inception, and all the intimate details of their personal lives... and we don't have to care about that other crap, because one day we'll win the show and be famous and rich too - guess I was wrong!
    Last edited by wilbur; 06-12-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    I like this part:

"Now I don’t know if Nance’s son is gay, bi, or trans, but if he is, he needs to know more than most that it can get better for him too, that there’s hope for his future, and that the adult world isn’t entirely populated by hateful s***s like his mother,” he wrote, adding “here’s hoping” that “Nance’s son is gay.”

Well done sir!
    If I was his father and he was gay I would dis-own him.

Hey Nance, get over it. Not that big of a deal.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    I like this part:

Well done sir!

The kid is in 4th GRADE!

Not well done at all, the person who wrote this is a hateful sob.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

I like this part:

Well done sir!
    The “primary goal” of the campaign, he explained, is “to reach LGBT kids who are being bullied by their peers and their families.”
    So, in response to this hypothetical bullying by "religious" people, they instead bully and offend the children of "religious" people with their intolerance...and pat themselves on the back for being so obnoxious. Well done...NOT.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

How about promoting respect of ALL kids. Why is that so hard?

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.