Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You and Wilbur seem more concerned with calling everyone here a bigot than with addressing a real problem. I don't particularly want to have to explain to my seven-year old about what homosexuality is (much less my three-year-old), for the same reason that I don't want to have to explain heterosexuality to her. She's too young to understand it, and it would confuse her. Consequently, I don't appreciate it when some network know-it-all decides that they have the right to jumpstart my kids' knowledge because they have an agenda. It's not bigotry to try to preserve a child's innocense until they are ready to grasp complex truths, although I can see how you would enjoy making it appear that way.

I suddenly feel sorry for Wilbur and Arroyo. Buck up, guys, it might get better for you... >sniff< :(
    Like I said Rock, fantasy constructs.

BTW Odie, Wilbur is gone. You have to find someone else to make up shit about.

Oh, and the guy that started that whole "it gets better" schtick owes me money.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post

Ok Make shit up = getting your ass handed to you, ok I just want to get the terminology right.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    I think you're both right. Many liberals say they're not prejudiced, but that tends to end if their hierarchy of victimhood is questioned. For some, conservative principles includes being an asshole to people whose existence violates their worldview.

~QC
    Your right, too. It's really simpler than that. It's called being human.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    As someone else noted, a simple message aimed at getting kids to either treat each other with some basic level of decency or to just leave each other alone would have been much better. Gayness represents a tiny fraction of the social problems American school children inflict on each other every day. There are way more fat, awkward, fearful, angry, victimized, shy, and attention-seeking kids out there.

And guess what? For a lot of them, it doesn't get any better.
    Well ads like that do exist also. Doing ads geared towards a specific subset does not mean that similar problems don't exist for other groups nor does it make it wrong to target a specific subset.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    June 10, 2011 (LifeSiteNews.com) - After the broadcast of a homosexualist advertisement during the family-friendly Fox show American Idol prompted outrage, the founder of the ad campaign has confirmed that such advertisements are
    LOL!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    If I was his father and he was gay I would dis-own him.
    I always admire family values like yours.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    So, in response to this hypothetical bullying by "religious" people, they instead bully and offend the children of "religious" people with their intolerance...and pat themselves on the back for being so obnoxious. Well done...NOT.
    Gay children of religious people deserve comfort, support, and guidance to become happy and healthy gay adults.... just like straight kids. But they rarely get it, even in enlightened homes. All these people are asking is that people not be hostile.

Fabulous Poster
    We have run out of minorities that we can be openly bigoted toward (although Muslims seem to be a good candidate). Don't take away fags; God hates them, you know.
    I always suspected that 90% of the resistance to DADT (not simply the repeal) within the military was because we wouldn't let people use derogatory racial/ethnic or religious epithets anymore, and now we were taking away "faggot".

You've had too much doobie Dolby!:D
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I always admire family values like yours.
    Ok cup cake message noted and discarded.