Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    What's frustrating about him is that on a lot of other subjects, he's quite rational. He just completely loses it on the military and gay issues, the former because he doesn't have any experience, and the latter because he has too much.
    Points for wit if not wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Points for wit if not wisdom.
    If you care to dispute the wisdom, feel free. But you don't have any military experience, and lack even a basic understanding of what we do and why we do it, and yet you feel that your grievances outweigh the necessity of our remaining fully mission capable. Your comment about not caring what I call a Soldier or what he calls me back reflects that ignorance. Even two persons of equal rank couldn't get away with that kind of insulting conduct, much less subordinates and seniors. It would be, as the saying goes, "contrary to good order and discipline", which is the most important aspect of the military culture. Without that, we are simply an armed mob in uniforms, and mobs lose wars.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Children of single parents deserve comfort, support and guidance from the parent of the opposite sex to become happy, healthy heterosexual adults...but they rarely get it. No ads on TV about that!

Children suffering from bullying for a thousands reasons besides their supposed sexual orientation deserve comfort, support, guidance and protection from bullies...yet seldom get it. Where are those ads?

<snip>
    Actually there are ads about fatherhood. National Fatherhood initiative.

But you are right about ads and support for non-gay bullied kids. It's like they don't exist from what I can tell. That's what makes me mad about this current ad campaign. It's like - - screw those kids, they aren't important. That's the message my 12-14y/o self would be getting. I'm not important because I'm not gay.

I didn't get as much support and guidance from my parents RE: burgeoning sexuality. . . I got room to be left alone, which is something I appreciate from the core of my being.

~QC
    Last edited by CueSi; 06-14-2011 at 05:22 PM.
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

What's frustrating about him is that on a lot of other subjects, he's quite rational. He just completely loses it on the military and gay issues, the former because he doesn't have any experience, and the latter because he has too much.
    I agree with you there.

If you care to dispute the wisdom, feel free. But you don't have any military experience, and lack even a basic understanding of what we do and why we do it, and yet you feel that your grievances outweigh the necessity of our remaining fully mission capable. Your comment about not caring what I call a Soldier or what he calls me back reflects that ignorance. Even two persons of equal rank couldn't get away with that kind of insulting conduct, much less subordinates and seniors. It would be, as the saying goes, "contrary to good order and discipline", which is the most important aspect of the military culture. Without that, we are simply an armed mob in uniforms, and mobs lose wars.

NH and other gays dont care about discipline or the mission all they care about is their gay agenda and ramming it down others throats and they dont care a wit about what they destroy to accomplish it. Thats why I cant really say what I'd do to them if I had a chance.