Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    How the hell does delivering pizza improve the quality of life?
    Are you sure that you're from Jersey? :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    How the hell does delivering pizza improve the quality of life?
    Bringing nutrition to those that live in a "food desert". :p
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

When I was stationed at Shaw, the local Domino's did the same thing.

When you rob the pizza man, expect to stop getting deliveries. Is it really that hard to understand?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    When I was stationed at Shaw, the local Domino's did the same thing.

When you rob the pizza man, expect to stop getting deliveries. Is it really that hard to understand?
    I've known pizza joints that didn't deliver to military bases...PRE 9/11.

Never thought of them as "anti-military".
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post

Oh they delivered on base, but they certainly didn't deliver to most places off base after a certain time.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post

Prolly not enough of their people passed a security clearance for it to be feasable? :p

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    Prolly not enough of their people passed a security clearance for it to be feasable? :p

~QC
    LOL! well...even in an institution like the military there are a few bad apples...and the local pizza joints got tired of having their pizzas stolen.

Domino's in Detroit only delivers to office buildings and secure apartment/condo complexes. One of my friends used to do singing telegrams in the area, and they had the same policy regarding Detroit calls.

The only places that deliver pizza to houses in Detroit are local-owned businesses, and a rapidly-expanding local chain called Happy's Pizza. And Happy's had a driver robbed and killed a few years ago, before they expanded into the suburbs.

I always ordered and picked up my pizza from the original Buddy's on Conant and McNichols. It's still pretty close to where I live in the burbs. It's safe because the cops all eat there, plus the COs from the two prisons nearby. They also have security guards in their parking lot. It's one of the last vestiges of the Detroit of my childhood.

Remember what the pizza delivery guys at FT Dix had planned. They were jihadis who intended to smuggle weapons onto the post and shoot up everybody in sight.

Hmmm.... Now if some of those guys were available to deliver pizza is bad neighborhoods, that might solve the problem. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by pyackog View Post
    At least some of the DUers are sane about it. I delivered pizzas for Pizza Hut when I was in college. Most of the other delivery guys were black. Most of the neighborhoods we delivered to were black. We stopped delivering to one all black area after the black delivery drivers kept getting robbed. Its the only the thing to do sometimes.
    One of my apartments in San Francisco was on the black side of the race line between Alamo Square (the postcard Victorians, white holdout enclave at the time) and the black section which is now white again as well.

Anyway... some pizza places wouldn't come there and some taxi requests would get lost in dispatch. While it pissed me off, and I did accuse one pizza place (run by Arabs) of racial discrimination, if these places would simply have done what delivery places do now and put a delivery map on their menu, it would have stopped a lot of annoyance.

The irritating part wasn't being in the no-go zone, it was the inconsistency and uncertainty. This was also before telephone credit card charges, which I would imagine makes a huge difference as does enhanced caller ID.

But business has to accept the bargain as well. If you aren't going to deliver to 99150 or if you aren't going to deliver "above Divisidero" then you have to accept that you can't deliver to the pockets of desirable business that you have always made an exception for. It's either/or. You can gerrymander but you can't spot-zone.