Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Romney runs in front; Democrats try trip-ups 
    Romney runs in front; Democrats try trip-ups
    Polls indicate tight race with Obama

By Stephen Dinan
    The Washington Times
    8:29 p.m., Thursday, June 9, 2011

In the past month, Mitt Romney has delivered a widely panned defense of the health care legislation he signed as governor of Massachusetts and been the constant target of national Democratic attacks — and also has seen his poll numbers rise and his status solidified as the best-positioned candidate to win the GOP nomination and take on President Obama.

The latest data came Wednesday from a Quinnipiac University Poll that shows Mr. Romney running nearest to Mr. Obama. An ABC-Washington Post survey on Tuesday found Mr. Romney topping Mr. Obama, 49 percent to 46 percent, among registered voters. Both surveys showed the former governor at the top of the crowded field of GOP candidates vying for the chance to run.

Some analysts said Mr. Romney’s staying power is a sign of the groundwork he has laid since 2008 and his strength on the key economic issues likely to dominate next year’s election, while others said he is just cruising on his near-universal name recognition. His strong showing, skeptics assert, says more about Mr. Obama’s vulnerabilities than about the GOP field.

”They know [Mr. Romney‘s] name. They don’t know anything about him,” said Republican strategist Michael McKenna. “What that survey question really is is: ‘Would you rather have somebody other than the current occupant?’“
    Washington Times

The Washington Times might be jumping the rally-round-the-candidate gun. Perry is still thinking about it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    The Washington Times might be jumping the rally-round-the-candidate gun. Perry is still thinking about it.
    Perry is the whole package. I hope he runs. I think he would wipe the floor up with Romney and the Magic Negro.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Perry is the whole package. I hope he runs. I think he would wipe the floor up with Romney and the Magic Negro.
    Foxnews.com is reporting that Perry is "very likely" to run.

Also, the report is sloppy with regards to Perry's abilities in courting the Hispanic vote. I agree that he did not jump on the Arizona silliness like most of the so-called Tea Party types but he did have a special session of the Texas Leg and the use of state police power with regards to immigration status came up. I am not sure that is enough to satisfy the nativists in the Republican Party, though.
    Last edited by Arroyo_Doble; 06-10-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Also, the report is sloppy with regards to Perry's abilities in courting the Hispanic vote. I agree that he did not jump on the Arizona silliness like most of the so-called Tea Party types but he did have a special session of the Texas Leg and the use of state police power with regards to immigration status came up. I am not sure that is enough to satisfy the nativists in the Republican Party, though.
    More of the childish "so called?" What are you, a "so called" human?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    More of the childish "so called?" What are you, a "so called" human?
    So called moderate, lib has too much of a distasteful stigma attached to it for him.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Why is it that someone who opposes illegal immigration is automatically a nativist? My wife is an immigrant. We had to pay fines and back taxes to make her legal, and that was after we were married. Is it too much to expect that legal immigrants who follow the rules, obey the law and demonstrate respect for our institutions not be insulted by a blanket amnesty to illegals who have demonstrated a lack of respect for our laws and institutions?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Why is it that someone who opposes illegal immigration is automatically a nativist? My wife is an immigrant. We had to pay fines and back taxes to make her legal, and that was after we were married. Is it too much to expect that legal immigrants who follow the rules, obey the law and demonstrate respect for our institutions not be insulted by a blanket amnesty to illegals who have demonstrated a lack of respect for our laws and institutions?
    Yes, apparently. I'm still trying to figure out how Mexicans citizens are to be granted blanket citizenship here without any kind of a check on them.

Yeah. Who are they to try to uphold federal law.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Yes, apparently. I'm still trying to figure out how Mexicans citizens are to be granted blanket citizenship here without any kind of a check on them.
    They'll put a big pinata in the middle of every major city and fill it with Democratic Party voter registration forms.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Yeah. Who are they to try to uphold federal law.
    Exactly. If the Feds won't do it, why should anyone else? And why is it that the Feds will sue a state for enforcing federal law, but take no action if a state or municipality openly flouts it? The so-called "sanctuary cities" have no more legal standing to violate immigration law than the Democrats in the south had to violate civil rights laws.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

My parents didn't wait in line in Kingston for this shit.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.