Thread: Two Students Yanked Out of Line at Graduation For Wearing Military Sashes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Hybrid View

  1. #1 Two Students Yanked Out of Line at Graduation For Wearing Military Sashes 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    As the grandfather of a recent Fort Benning graduate now at Fort Gordon for advanced training this really sticks in my craw.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrF3J...ature=youtu.be


    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2734194/posts
     

  2. #2  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    We know it's not the same thing, but in the common understanding of "fairness" or "equal enforcement" I can see having a hard and fast policy.

    The military sashes really have nothing to do with the HS graduation. If you allow that deviation, then it will open the door to all kinds of "expression".

    How would we feel if little Omar and his asshole sympathizers wore Palestian table clothes around their shoulders on the stage? What's to keep the resident jackass on the football team from wearing a necklace of jockstraps? Surely a Confederate flag stole would start a riot. Flags, icons, swastikas..... these "kids" are notorious assholes at this age and will do almost anything to get attention.
     

  3. #3  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    We know it's not the same thing, but in the common understanding of "fairness" or "equal enforcement" I can see having a hard and fast policy.

    The military sashes really have nothing to do with the HS graduation. If you allow that deviation, then it will open the door to all kinds of "expression".

    How would we feel if little Omar and his asshole sympathizers wore Palestian table clothes around their shoulders on the stage? What's to keep the resident jackass on the football team from wearing a necklace of jockstraps? Surely a Confederate flag stole would start a riot. Flags, icons, swastikas..... these "kids" are notorious assholes at this age and will do almost anything to get attention.
    I understand the point your trying to make, but go back and reread what you just said.

    You did just compair wearing something honoring the US Military, to nazi propaganda, or pro-terrorism.

    It's called using Common Sense Nova. If we can't trust these people to use that appropriately, then why are we trusting them to educate our children?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
     

  4. #4  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I understand the point your trying to make, but go back and reread what you just said.

    You did just compair wearing something honoring the US Military, to nazi propaganda, or pro-terrorism.

    It's called using Common Sense Nova. If we can't trust these people to use that appropriately, then why are we trusting them to educate our children?
    I think he meant exactly what he said and the intent was there. I think it is time for this POS to go.
     

  5. #5  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I think he meant exactly what he said and the intent was there. I think it is time for this POS to go.
    Thank you for sharing.
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida. The Cuban Part.
    Posts
    3,007
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I understand the point your trying to make, but go back and reread what you just said.

    You did just compair wearing something honoring the US Military, to nazi propaganda, or pro-terrorism.

    It's called using Common Sense Nova. If we can't trust these people to use that appropriately, then why are we trusting them to educate our children?
    They are education majors in the schools, Jonesy. You lose that almost within your first semester. ;)

    ~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

    Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.
     

  7. #7  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I understand the point your trying to make, but go back and reread what you just said.

    You did just compair wearing something honoring the US Military, to nazi propaganda, or pro-terrorism.

    It's called using Common Sense Nova. If we can't trust these people to use that appropriately, then why are we trusting them to educate our children?
    I did. It's expression, the boys stated it clearly that they wore the stoles to speak to the audience about their after school choices. We live in a era of Zero Tolerance because we live in an era of litigation.

    The principal should have consulted the district attorneys and found out if they could make a hard and fast rule allowing the military stoles, and limited them to the military of the United States. Maybe she did.

    It also needs to be said that a graduation is a procession. Processions have rules. The persons in a graduation are ranked, and honors are given to those who have earned them and been awarded them by the authority conducting the procession. Now, I ask you, if you are at an Army awards ceremony where some people are going to get "best", some are going to get "gave it a good try" and some are going to get "good attendance"; should those in the good attendance group be allowed to wear gold stars on silk stoles simply because they want to stand out on the stage?
     

  8. #8  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I did. It's expression, the boys stated it clearly that they wore the stoles to speak to the audience about their after school choices. We live in a era of Zero Tolerance because we live in an era of litigation.

    The principal should have consulted the district attorneys and found out if they could make a hard and fast rule allowing the military stoles, and limited them to the military of the United States. Maybe she did.

    It also needs to be said that a graduation is a procession. Processions have rules. The persons in a graduation are ranked, and honors are given to those who have earned them and been awarded them by the authority conducting the procession. Now, I ask you, if you are at an Army awards ceremony where some people are going to get "best", some are going to get "gave it a good try" and some are going to get "good attendance"; should those in the good attendance group be allowed to wear gold stars on silk stoles simply because they want to stand out on the stage?
    What you are being asked is why you chose "a necklace of jockstraps? Surely a Confederate flag stole would start a riot. Flags, icons, swastikas...." to compare Military Sashes to.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
     

  9. #9  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    What you are being asked is why you chose "a necklace of jockstraps? Surely a Confederate flag stole would start a riot. Flags, icons, swastikas...." to compare Military Sashes to.
    I also wrote "it's not the same thing" but you chose to ignore that.
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post

    How would we feel if little Omar and his asshole sympathizers wore Palestian table clothes around their shoulders on the stage?
    As we've seen in this overly PC world we live in where we bend over to kiss the Islamic collective ass...that would be allowed and celebrated.


    What's to keep the resident jackass on the football team from wearing a necklace of jockstraps? Surely a Confederate flag stole would start a riot. Flags, icons, swastikas..... these "kids" are notorious assholes at this age and will do almost anything to get attention.
    You mean like insist on bringing their lesbian date to a prom and fighting it through the court system when they aren't allowed?

    Oh wait...that's one of those PC things to be celebrated.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •