Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Two Students Yanked Out of Line at Graduation For Wearing Military Sashes 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    As the grandfather of a recent Fort Benning graduate now at Fort Gordon for advanced training this really sticks in my craw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrF3J...ature=youtu.be

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2734194/posts

Fabulous Poster
    We know it's not the same thing, but in the common understanding of "fairness" or "equal enforcement" I can see having a hard and fast policy.

The military sashes really have nothing to do with the HS graduation. If you allow that deviation, then it will open the door to all kinds of "expression".

How would we feel if little Omar and his asshole sympathizers wore Palestian table clothes around their shoulders on the stage? What's to keep the resident jackass on the football team from wearing a necklace of jockstraps? Surely a Confederate flag stole would start a riot. Flags, icons, swastikas..... these "kids" are notorious assholes at this age and will do almost anything to get attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    We know it's not the same thing, but in the common understanding of "fairness" or "equal enforcement" I can see having a hard and fast policy.

The military sashes really have nothing to do with the HS graduation. If you allow that deviation, then it will open the door to all kinds of "expression".

How would we feel if little Omar and his asshole sympathizers wore Palestian table clothes around their shoulders on the stage? What's to keep the resident jackass on the football team from wearing a necklace of jockstraps? Surely a Confederate flag stole would start a riot. Flags, icons, swastikas..... these "kids" are notorious assholes at this age and will do almost anything to get attention.
    I understand the point your trying to make, but go back and reread what you just said.

You did just compair wearing something honoring the US Military, to nazi propaganda, or pro-terrorism.

It's called using Common Sense Nova. If we can't trust these people to use that appropriately, then why are we trusting them to educate our children?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I understand the point your trying to make, but go back and reread what you just said.

You did just compair wearing something honoring the US Military, to nazi propaganda, or pro-terrorism.

It's called using Common Sense Nova. If we can't trust these people to use that appropriately, then why are we trusting them to educate our children?
    I think he meant exactly what he said and the intent was there. I think it is time for this POS to go.

How would we feel if little Omar and his asshole sympathizers wore Palestian table clothes around their shoulders on the stage?
    As we've seen in this overly PC world we live in where we bend over to kiss the Islamic collective ass...that would be allowed and celebrated.

What's to keep the resident jackass on the football team from wearing a necklace of jockstraps? Surely a Confederate flag stole would start a riot. Flags, icons, swastikas..... these "kids" are notorious assholes at this age and will do almost anything to get attention.
    You mean like insist on bringing their lesbian date to a prom and fighting it through the court system when they aren't allowed?

Oh wait...that's one of those PC things to be celebrated.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post

They are education majors in the schools, Jonesy. You lose that almost within your first semester. ;)

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

What the hell is the matter with you? Do you like posting here?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Doesn't seem like it.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Equating a sash to a table cloth or jockstrap smacks of disrespect for our soldiers. Nova is a POS.

I'm surprised to hear this happened in Schuykill County. Upstate PA is much more military friendly than the southeastern part of the state, as it has a stronger military population.