Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Let me be sure that I understand this: Since I listen to Mark Levin's show, I am therefore just a mouthpiece for his opinions, since I can't possibly have an independent thought?
    Yea, pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubly Annoying View Post
    Yea, pretty much.
    Well, I said that you didn't have to become the new Wilbur, but you are well on your way to being the same kind of condescending, arrogant, elitist tool that he is.

BTW, writing in National Review, Stanley Kurtz had a very good observation about the left and leftists:

Liberalism nowadays may be the last great holdout of old-fashioned prejudice. By telling themselves they’re against group hatreds of all kinds, and dismissing their opponents’ arguments as nothing but bigotry in disguise, liberals grant themselves license to despise. They swear, mock, and hate with a clean conscience, never guessing they’re turning liberalism itself into an outpost of bigotry in reverse. The flip side of liberal guilt is this hidden license to hate.
    By telling yourself that you are against propaganda of all kinds, and dismissing your opponents' arguments as nothing but regurgitated propaganda that doesn't mesh with the propaganda that you regurgitate, you have given yourself a license to be arrogant and dismissive. You are just as blinkered as you pretend that we are, but flatter yourself with your supposed enlightenment.

Now, are you actually going to answer my points about environmentalism and politics, or are you just going to continue braying like an ignorant jackass?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Well, I said that you didn't have to become the new Wilbur, but you are well on your way to being the same kind of condescending, arrogant, elitist tool that he is.

BTW, writing in National Review, Stanley Kurtz had a very good observation about the left and leftists:

Liberalism nowadays may be the last great holdout of old-fashioned prejudice. By telling themselves they’re against group hatreds of all kinds, and dismissing their opponents’ arguments as nothing but bigotry in disguise, liberals grant themselves license to despise. They swear, mock, and hate with a clean conscience, never guessing they’re turning liberalism itself into an outpost of bigotry in reverse. The flip side of liberal guilt is this hidden license to hate.
    By telling yourself that you are against propaganda of all kinds, and dismissing your opponents' arguments as nothing but regurgitated propaganda that doesn't mesh with the propaganda that you regurgitate, you have given yourself a license to be arrogant and dismissive. You are just as blinkered as you pretend that we are, but flatter yourself with your supposed enlightenment.

Now, are you actually going to answer my points about environmentalism and politics, or are you just going to continue braying like an ignorant jackass?

Are those my only two choices?

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Are those my only two choices?
    Pretty much, and it seems that you've chosen the latter. Again.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    That faith in God gives meaning and purpose to human life; Conservative take on religion.Christian left but I can see where conservatives might fall in there as far as lip service - I say neutral but I think of Christians as being pretty far left
    That the brotherhood of man transcends the sovereignty of nations; Neutral. Could be leftist, but also a Christian doctrine. Definitely leftist ... the kind of thing that will get the nutwing right talking about treason
    That economic justice can best be won by free men through free enterprise; Conservative/Libertarian. Free enterprise tends to send lefties screaming for their copies of the Federal Register. Leftists would cite economic justice, but equate it with some sort of planned economy or wealth sharing program.I would tend to agree, there for the most part. Neoliberal value set where economic freedom brings political freedom
    That government should be of laws rather than of men; Neutral, but more conservative than liberal, especially when viewed in terms of Constitutional law. Neutral ... and conservatives only pretend to value the Constitution for dramatic purposes. They ignore it when its not on their side
    That Earth's great treasure lies in human personality; Neutral, but definitely in opposition to enviro-leftism, which sees humanity as a plague on mother Earth. Yea ... clean air and water are for commies
    And that service to humanity is the best work of life. Neutral to mildly leftist, but most conservatives would agree with that statement, as well. That is definitely left. The right is about the needs of the individual being paramount. Ayn Rand created an entire life philosophy that pretty much calls that sentence slavery. Not sure how you got neutral out of that..
    Wow, thanks for the laugh AD. Those were some good jokes. :D Leftist Christians...man, that would totally end tithing and charity, wouldn't it!! ROFL No more missions to foreign countries, leftists only send government money and never, ever go on mission trips just to serve those in need. No Constitutional limits on government...all churches would be Pastafarian!! Enviro-nuts are definitely the best example of the "love your enemies" command!! LOL :D:D
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Wow, thanks for the laugh AD. Those were some good jokes. :D Leftist Christians...man, that would totally end tithing and charity, wouldn't it!! ROFL No more missions to foreign countries, leftists only send government money and never, ever go on mission trips just to serve those in need. No Constitutional limits on government...all churches would be Pastafarian!! Enviro-nuts are definitely the best example of the "love your enemies" command!! LOL :D:D
    It wouldn't so much end tithing as reverse it. The state/church would get 90% and we'd get to keep 10%, unless we earned too much and ended up in one of the higher brackets.
    --Odysseus