Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Wait a minute: We're attacking Bachmann for taking in foster kids? 
    link

cali Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-14-11 09:50 PM
    Original message
    Wait a minute: We're attacking Bachmann for taking in foster kids?

Edited on Tue Jun-14-11 09:52 PM by cali
    There are so so many valid policy reasons to oppose her. Taking in foster kids is not one of them.
    Electric Monk Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-14-11 09:54 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. No, it's for milking the system and being a hypocrite
    Taking in foster kids is milking the system?
    mzteris Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-14-11 09:57 PM
    Response to Reply #1
    5. you honestly think

fostering 23 kids is "easy money"?

:rofl:
    boppers (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-14-11 10:05 PM
    Response to Reply #5
    14. If you're doing 23 kids, you've not giving them enough attention.

Heck, just taking care of their schooling would be a nightmare, unless you started your own school so you could hide the neglect and abuse from public employees....

Oh wait. She did.
    So she had 23 kids all at the same time?
    Mz Pip Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-14-11 09:55 PM
    2. I don't think it's because

she took in foster kids. It's because she made a bundle doing so. Given that this is someone who wants to cut safety nets it's kind of ironic.

She got a lot of money from that big bad government to take in fosterkids. She gets a lot of money from farm subsidies, too. That is something that we should be calling her on, too.
    So she's called for an end to the fostercare system? Oh wait....she didn't.
    mzteris Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-14-11 09:58 PM
    Response to Reply #2
    7. you DON"T MAKE A BUNDLE

taking in foster kids!!!

That is a huge lie. (Unless you're one of those that feed them nothing and don't clothe them, etc...)

Those "stipends" barely cover expenses - did I say "barely"? I meant RARELY? They come to you with the clothes on their backs and little else. They still have activities and needs and wants and "stuff"...
    riderinthestorm Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-14-11 10:00 PM
    11. I agree but with a caveat....

She is against all forms of "government intervention" yet she was obviously deeply involved in a government program that clearly she felt "worked".

I've also read that she takes farm subsidies - another government program that obviously she is deeply involved in.

So unless she fostered those kids and didn't take ANY government assistance while doing so, or she protested that the government had a hand in helping the kids at all - she actually IS being a tad bit hypocritical.

That said, fostering is damn hard work and trying to walk a nuanced line with Bachmann's positions on government funding of public programs, and her fostering, would be damn near impossible.

I also say it's best to just leave it alone until or unless we get someone who can get the hypocritical message out about it.
    Liberals are all about nuance.....unless it is about a conservative. Then if they participate in ANY government program they are a hypocrite even if they have never called for an end to the program. The get to "pretend" that conservatives are against ALL government programs.

It says more about them than those they criticize.
    Joe the Revelator (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-14-11 10:03 PM
    13. Wait a minute: After all the bullshit Bachmann has put the country through, we're going to.....

turn on the righteous indignation because people are attacking HER? Give me a break.
    JVS Donating Member (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-14-11 10:14 PM
    19. It's good to attack it. The point of swiftboating is to attack someone on their strength and turn..

it against them.
    Joe the Revelator (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-14-11 10:17 PM
    Response to Reply #19
    22. Exactly.
    There you have it.

Cali better watch out or she'll get tombstoned for calling the DUmmies on their outrageous claims.

The previous thread is here:
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=439x1297152

notadmblnd Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Jun-14-11 07:40 PM
    Original message
    Michelle Bachmann's Baby Farm.

A Wonkette operative says Bachmann has five kids of her own and raised an astonishing 23 foster kids. A nice person would say, “Oh, that’s a nice thing.” But our cold-hearted operative notes that Minnesota pays $30 a day, tax free, per foster kid.

“So if Bachmann has fostered 23 children, let’s say for an average of five years, that would come out to a non-taxable $1,259,250,” the Wonk-Op writes. “No wonder she’s anti-abortion. Children are a cash crop for her.”
    http://wonkette.com/211978/michele-bachmanns-baby-farm

These people are beyond sickening. What they don't realize is that there are more kids than foster parents. If fostering was such a cash cow then maybe they should do it. Oh, and I highly doubt that she had 23 children at the same time.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=439x1297152

notadmblnd Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Jun-14-11 07:40 PM
    Original message
    Michelle Bachmann's Baby Farm.

A Wonkette operative says Bachmann has five kids of her own and raised an astonishing 23 foster kids. A nice person would say, “Oh, that’s a nice thing.” But our cold-hearted operative notes that Minnesota pays $30 a day, tax free, per foster kid.

“So if Bachmann has fostered 23 children, let’s say for an average of five years, that would come out to a non-taxable $1,259,250,” the Wonk-Op writes. “No wonder she’s anti-abortion. Children are a cash crop for her.”
    http://wonkette.com/211978/michele-bachmanns-baby-farm
    That comes out to an average of $10,950 a year to raise each kid. Average annual cost of raising a child is around $12,700.

So how exactly is she making cash off of this? Bueller? Bueller?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    That comes out to an average of $10,950 a year to raise each kid. Average annual cost of raising a child is around $12,700.

So how exactly is she making cash off of this? Bueller? Bueller?
    And I'm sure that she pocketed every cent for herself and left those fostr children to fend for themselves.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    And I'm sure that she pocketed every cent for herself and left those fostr children to fend for themselves.
    Well duh. She is a rethuglican.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

riderinthestorm (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-14-11 09:42 PM
    Response to Reply #22
    26. I just tried Google Image and only came up with pics of 5 Bachman children
    none of the foster children came up no matter how I searched.
    God what an asshole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

Quote Originally Posted by aka:PBS View Post
    God what an asshole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How dare she not post pictures of other peoples children onto the internet! What a bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    How dare she not post pictures of other peoples children onto the internet! What a bitch!
    And if she had posted them, she would be using them to make herself look good, abusing their privacy, making targets out of them, etc. Look at Palin, if she left her kids home, she was neglecting them. If she brought them along but didn't have them on stage, she was hiding them and dumping them on someone else. If she brought them onstage with her, they were props to make her look good. There is absolutely nothing Bachmann could do that won't draw criticism from some quarters. Period.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Please DUmmies, I implore you to push this issue even harder. Criticizing a Presidential candidate who has generously and selflessly taken in a lot of foster children will win you a lot of votes.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

It's not to hard to understand why the DUmmies have a hard time grasping why someone would want to be a foster parent when they believe it's easier to suck a baby into a sink via abortion than actually care for and love one.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.