Thread: Media Bias

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32
  1. #11  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Many are biased, yes. But, at the same time, it can also be true that Fox News is a ridiculously biased and transparent propaganda machine (and it is). That station sucks the intelligence right out people's heads. But then again, that makes it about the same as every other news network, and most talk radio (neal bortz excluded.... usually..)
    Opinion stated as fact doesn't work well here. The FACTS prove your opinion baseless. You and the rest of Liberal-land simply cannot stand the FACT that the strangle-hold the Left has had on American media is getting its collective A$$e$ handed to them by a single NON-LIBERAL news source.

    Note I didn't state Conservative? FOX news is fair but because it doesn't dish out heaping spoonfuls of Liberal garbage, you libs consider it Conservative.

    The news commentary can be debated but as soon as I bring up that Clown Olbermann, you loose.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    In what way is he part of the problem?
    Any person who can say, with a straight face, that Fox news is "fair and balanced" has a broken brain. It is simply unbelievable.

    Fox news isnt fair and balanced... its a resignation to the idea that we can't beat the left media, or hold ourselves to a higher standard. Its stooping to their level. Sorry, I would hope we had more credibility than that. But go ahead AmPat, Sonna, and others, call me a liberal some more. I've made my position clear that the other news networks arent any better with regards to bias, from where I sit.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member MrsSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Many are biased, yes. But, at the same time, it can also be true that Fox News is a ridiculously biased and transparent propaganda machine (and it is). That station sucks the intelligence right out people's heads. But then again, that makes it about the same as every other news network, and most talk radio (neal bortz excluded.... usually..)

    Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist

    By Meg Sullivan| 12/14/2005

    While the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal is conservative, the newspaper's news pages are liberal, even more liberal than The New York Times. The Drudge Report may have a right-wing reputation, but it leans left. Coverage by public television and radio is conservative compared to the rest of the mainstream media. Meanwhile, almost all major media outlets tilt to the left.

    These are just a few of the surprising findings from a UCLA-led study, which is believed to be the first successful attempt at objectively quantifying bias in a range of media outlets and ranking them accordingly.

    "I suspected that many media outlets would tilt to the left because surveys have shown that reporters tend to vote more Democrat than Republican," said Tim Groseclose, a UCLA political scientist and the study's lead author. "But I was surprised at just how pronounced the distinctions are."

    >>>snip

    Of the 20 major media outlets studied, 18 scored left of center, with CBS' "Evening News," The New York Times and the Los Angeles Times ranking second, third and fourth most liberal behind the news pages of The Wall Street Journal.

    Only Fox News' "Special Report With Brit Hume" and The Washington Times scored right of the average U.S. voter.

    >>>snip

    If viewers spent an equal amount of time watching Fox's 'Special Report' as ABC's 'World News' and NBC's 'Nightly News,' then they would receive a nearly perfectly balanced version of the news," said Milyo, an associate professor of economics and public affairs at the University of Missouri at Columbia.

    Fox only stands out because the rest of the media is falling off the left side of the page. Without them, there would be NO balance.
    -
    -
    -

    In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

    Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Any person who can say, with a straight face, that Fox news is "fair and balanced" has a broken brain. It is simply unbelievable.

    Fox news isnt fair and balanced... its a resignation to the idea that we can't beat the left media, or hold ourselves to a higher standard. Its stooping to their level. Sorry, I would hope we had more credibility than that. But go ahead AmPat, Sonna, and others, call me a liberal some more. I've made my position clear that the other news networks arent any better with regards to bias, from where I sit.
    So tell me who is fair and balanced. If you say PBS, you are the one with a broken brain.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    So tell me who is fair and balanced. If you say PBS, you are the one with a broken brain.
    Unfortunately, I can't think of any that would fit that description.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Many are biased, yes. But, at the same time, it can also be true that Fox News is a ridiculously biased and transparent propaganda machine (and it is). That station sucks the intelligence right out people's heads. But then again, that makes it about the same as every other news network, and most talk radio (neal bortz excluded.... usually..)

    Hey wilber how often do you wipe your lips ?You are getting to be a windup Ronbot/little libberal toy like your brethren EyeCrap,LogansDud and Woodsy Owl.

    Between CNN,MSNBC and a majority of others its 24/7 MC Cain did this Paulin's kids did that without even a pause and you have the Chutzpah, audacity,impertinence to complain of one conservative voice,for shame thou foul Hypocrite !

    You critters are so predictable that it's mindless to even read your screed anymore.You function more as a resident Obama/Liberal watchman than a person who's opinions are interesting .
    :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Super Moderator Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Unfortunately, I can't think of any that would fit that description.
    Fox may be slightly to the right, but by FAR they are the MOST fair. It ain't even close.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    LINDA DOUGLASS: Well first of all Joe Biden is an expert on almost every subject that has ever come before the Congress.
    Well thats good to know.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Senior Member newshutr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    639
    Wilbur, you have your head so far up your ass. I work in television and many times with the national tv networks.

    You have no idea how much blasting Fox news for "bias" makes you look like an uneducated fool. If you really paid attention or knew any of the letter network anchors or producers you'd see the idiocy of your argument.

    The fact is, Fox news brings a centralized coverage to their broadcasts. Because we've been fed a constant stream of leftist bull for so long, by a bunch of admitted liberals, the more centered of coverage presented seems like a poke in the eye to those expecting the same type of spoon fed pablum.

    And I don't work for a Fox affiliate either. I work for one of the liberal networks and it's affiliate.

    You have no idea of what you're taking about.
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member MrsSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,387
    Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    Wilbur, you have your head so far up your ass. I work in television and many times with the national tv networks.

    You have no idea how much blasting Fox news for "bias" makes you look like an uneducated fool. If you really paid attention or knew any of the letter network anchors or producers you'd see the idiocy of your argument.

    The fact is, Fox news brings a centralized coverage to their broadcasts. Because we've been fed a constant stream of leftist bull for so long, by a bunch of admitted liberals, the more centered of coverage presented seems like a poke in the eye to those expecting the same type of spoon fed pablum.

    And I don't work for a Fox affiliate either. I work for one of the liberal networks and it's affiliate.

    You have no idea of what you're taking about.
    Thank you! :)
    -
    -
    -

    In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

    Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •