Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quick response is my .357 Mag Ruger hand cannon. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    I have to ask...do you folks with the semi-auto pistols stashed away for home defense...practice malfunction clearing, reloading and firing from odd positions?

If you don't, you're gonna die.
    Well, technically, my "primary" home defense weapon is my carry weapon, a Glock Model 22 .40 S&W, and I do indeed practice with it on a regular basis. I would be confident in using it in a home-defense situation, and in two situations in my life I have drawn it (but not had to fire, fortunately) in just such a circumstance.

But, this is yet another reason why a good, old-fashioned 12-ga is probably the ideal home defense weapon for most people. Reliable and idiot-proof, a pump-action 12-ga with a relatively short barrel is pretty much certain death when loaded with something like 4/0. Even bird shot is a pretty sure killer in most home defense situations, because chances are that you're going to be 5 to 10 feet away from an intruder when you fire, if you have to fire, and even birdshot will just ruin the recipient's whole afternoon at that range.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

I have a rifle and 2 shotguns in my bedroom closet, with ammo readily available for them.

Standard assembly of knives in the kitchen.

And my own body that has spent years being trained that the groin, throat, and eyes are all acceptable targets.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I have a rifle and 2 shotguns in my bedroom closet, with ammo readily available for them.

Standard assembly of knives in the kitchen.

And my own body that has spent years being trained that the groin, throat, and eyes are all acceptable targets.
    Wait....

You're a zoomie. So that means that your groin, throat, and eyes are acceptable targets to ... thrown coffee?

::ducks and runs like a mofo::

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Wait....

You're a zoomie. So that means that your groin, throat, and eyes are acceptable targets to ... thrown coffee?

::ducks and runs like a mofo::
    Ain't gonna save you from an air strike.

In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Ain't gonna save you from an air strike.

Hehehe!

I was at what is now LP field (it was Adelphia Coliseum at the time, before Adelphia went TU and got raided by the FBI) for a game once and there was a B-2 flyover. HOLY FUCK! That thing turned the stadium from daylight to night in a flash. DAMN, but that is one big mofo. The eerie part was that it was a flyover that had no "announcement." No one said anything over the loudspeakers, there was no prior announcement in the paper or anything, and it wasn't like you could hear it screaming in like the Blue Angels or something. They were doing something for the 101 at the time and the National Anthem ended, and then there was this moment of silence, and then there was just this incredible shadow that passed over the place, and then there was this cacophony of noise. Had that been an actual bombing run, we all would have been incinerated well before the sound reached down to us, and I think that everyone, all 74,000 in the stands, just instinctively knew that as we watched it pass over, agape.

I got up close and personal with an SR-71 at Duxford in England, and that was super-cool, but I would just LOVE to get a chance to be up close with a B-2. That is simply one awesome machine.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Quick response is my .357 Mag Ruger hand cannon. :D
    Don't forget our attack greyhounds. :D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Don't forget our attack greyhounds. :D
    Never underestimate the power of slobber!:D
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Hehehe!

I was at what is now LP field (it was Adelphia Coliseum at the time, before Adelphia went TU and got raided by the FBI) for a game once and there was a B-2 flyover. HOLY FUCK! That thing turned the stadium from daylight to night in a flash. DAMN, but that is one big mofo. The eerie part was that it was a flyover that had no "announcement." No one said anything over the loudspeakers, there was no prior announcement in the paper or anything, and it wasn't like you could hear it screaming in like the Blue Angels or something. They were doing something for the 101 at the time and the National Anthem ended, and then there was this moment of silence, and then there was just this incredible shadow that passed over the place, and then there was this cacophony of noise. Had that been an actual bombing run, we all would have been incinerated well before the sound reached down to us, and I think that everyone, all 74,000 in the stands, just instinctively knew that as we watched it pass over, agape.

I got up close and personal with an SR-71 at Duxford in England, and that was super-cool, but I would just LOVE to get a chance to be up close with a B-2. That is simply one awesome machine.
    I got to see it fly before it entered the operational inventory. Eglin AFB is where they do climatic testing on it. Extreme heat, cold, etc... My mom let me skip school so I could watch it take off after it had completed it's trials. That was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    I have to ask...do you folks with the semi-auto pistols stashed away for home defense...practice malfunction clearing, reloading and firing from odd positions?

If you don't, you're gonna die.
    Do you practice stealth and one-arm fighting, or kenjutsu/kendo? If not, you could be dead too. I'm just sayin'.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)