1. #1 Palin fires up Republican base 
    Palin hasn't just energized the base, she's attracting attention far from the true believers inside the convention hall. Fox News Channel recorded its third highest-rated telecast ever Wednesday night, recording a quarter of the 37 million people who saw Palin's speech on all of the commercial broadcast and major cable news networks combined. California GOP Chair Ron Nehring said response to his mass e-mails this week has been "way above average, and they're all mentioning Gov. Palin."

Juicing up the Republican base is critical to McCain's success in November. Getting social conservatives to organize in their church and social networks was considered key to President Bush's re-election in 2004. The Rev. Lou Sheldon, head of the million-member Traditional Values Coalition and author of "The Agenda: The Homosexual Plan to Change America," told The Chronicle he felt like he "died and went to heaven" when Palin was nominated, and he vowed to work harder for the ticket now.

"These people were uninspired when they got here," GOP pollster Frank Luntz said Thursday. "They were here, but they weren't passionate.

"But her performance Wednesday blew them away."

After Palin's speech Wednesday, Luntz contacted the two dozen voters he conducted a focus group with before the convention started. They were impressed by Palin.

Why?

"She's one of them," Luntz said.

Said Stinnett: "She looks like us, she talks like us, she looks likes somebody you'd see at the PTA."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MN8F12OILQ.DTL

Shocking aint it? NObama needed the republican base demoralized bcause you get us riled up . . . . . we perform and we VOTE.
    Last edited by bijou; 09-05-2008 at 01:28 PM. Reason: To put into B/N format.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I love Sarah Palin, she's awesome and will make a great VP!
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by Junebug68 View Post
    I love Sarah Palin, she's awesome and will make a great VP!
    I saw bits and pieces of her speech. Great stuff. Can't wait for the Dimtards to begin shredding her...........3.....2.....1..............
    There's no way you can trust her. Her missile is gigantic

At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

McCain and Palin are appealing to the average down-to-earthers because they are down-to-earthers themselves. America will reject the liberal elite selection of the Obamessiah and crusty old codger Biden.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    McCain and Palin are appealing to the average down-to-earthers because they are down-to-earthers themselves. America will reject the liberal elite selection of the Obamessiah and crusty old codger Biden.
    Palin appeals to us for the same reason Fred Thompson appeals to us. She does not try to impress us with oratory and big words. She, like Fred says what she means concisely and to the point. They are who they are and not ashamed of it.