Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Catholic Group Banned From Town Parade Over Baby Picture on Pro-Life Banner 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    “They decided that an unborn baby is too offensive,” said Martin Kelley, co-founder of Palatine Area Catholics Respect Life. “It’s an ultrasound photo. It’s not a picture of an aborted baby.”

The banner displays a picture of the unborn baby and an elderly woman with the words “Palatine Area Catholics Respect Life ... from Conception ‘til Natural Death.”

The group marched with the banner last year, but this year organizers informed them they would not be allowed unless they removed or changed the picture of the unborn baby.

“Changing the photo would defeat the whole purpose of expressing our point of view that life does begin at conception,” said Kelley. “It’s a stand on principle. It kind of defeats the purpose to have a newborn baby or a three-year old. It was necessary for our message.”

The parade will take place July 2 and organizers have already approved approximately 80 groups for participation. It is sponsored and organized by Palatine Jaycees, a private service organization.

“The Respect Life Group was denied participation in the Hometown Fest parade because [they] refused to work with festival organizers regarding their display materials,” the Jaycees said in a statement. “Unlike other groups who fully cooperate regarding display materials, the Respect Life Group refused to make any changes to the banner or even have a discussion about it.”

While the Jaycees maintain they are a non-political organization that does not reject the banner for its message, they retained the right to refuse admission based on the manner in which the message was displayed. According to the Jaycees’ board of directors, the banner was offensive.
    snip
    He said the Jaycees have utilized a double standard in censoring the pro-life message. The organizers have permitted other organizations, he added, such as Parents and Families of Lesbians and Gays, while not allowing the pro-life group.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/cat...ro-life-banner

To be fair, it is a little extreme for a parade.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    To be fair, it is a little extreme for a parade.
    By god you're right! How can you get more extreme than a, a baby! :eek:
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    By god you're right! How can you get more extreme than a, a baby! :eek:
    I think the extreme part is injecting partisan issues into a time of fun and rejoicement.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I think the extreme part is injecting partisan issues into a time of fun and rejoicement.
    Some think killing of babies is extreme, are babies Democrat or Republican? I never really thought about it, huh.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Some think killing of babies is extreme, are babies Democrat or Republican? I never really thought about it, huh.
    Come on Rock. There's a right and wrong place for such discussions. A celebration is not the right place.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Come on Rock. There's a right and wrong place for such discussions. A celebration is not the right place.
    If it wasn't for this I might agree with you.
    He said the Jaycees have utilized a double standard in censoring the pro-life message. The organizers have permitted other organizations, he added, such as Parents and Families of Lesbians and Gays, while not allowing the pro-life group.

If it wasn't for this I might agree with you.
    Hey Jones I guess this is ok?

Baby pictures are extreme, but rainbow pride flags and diversity banners are not. Hate to mention this (not really), but somewhere around 100% of the babies born in the US today have their pictures posted somewhere before the birth. My daughter put them on her Facebook and hung them on the wall in the baby's room. My niece did much the same. I guess I'll have to make sure they know that this is "extreme" in some people's views, and tell them to hide those pics before they offend anyone. After all, this earth has too many people already, only filthy breeders would celebrate the arrival of yet another nasty baby!!!

If the pic had been an aborted baby, not an unborn baby, I could see it. Otherwise, it's is quite simply one more example of the loudmouth left pushing their personal preferences upon the public square. (In the comments section of one article, some left-wing-nut actually said that a religious picture like that of a fetus should never be allowed on public property because of the separation of church and state.) I guess that now means that all unborn children belong solely to the church, in some views.

A private group has the legal authority to deny anyone they choose, but I know if I lived in Palatine, there would be no money from my household going to purchase anything at this Fest, and I doubt I'm alone in this feeling.
    Last edited by MrsSmith; 06-15-2011 at 06:54 AM.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

If the Parents and Families of Lesbians can have banners with gestating babies, so should the pro-life group. That is a seriously bad double standard.