Thread: Suspect in Custody After Police Find 'Suspicious' Backpack at ANC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Suspect in Custody After Police Find 'Suspicious' Backpack at ANC 

DEVELOPING: Authorities are investigating a man found overnight inside Arlington National Cemetery with a backpack containing "suspicious items and products," the FBI said Friday. But officials say the backpack does not contain explosive material and is undergoing further testing.

FBI special agent Brenda Heck said during a press conference Friday that the man, whom she did not identify, was found inside Arlington Cemetery overnight when the cemetery was closed.

Heck said the man, described as in his 20's, had a backpack containing a "non-explosive, unknown material" that she said will require further investigation.

"The products in the backpack are inert," Heck said, though she described its contents as suspicious.

Though the man was "not forthcoming" when taken into custody, Heck said authorities later found his red 2011 Nissan near the Pentagon.

She said authorities found "no suspicious activity" related to the vehicle.

Heck would not confirm earlier reports that a notebook was also found containing threatening phrases like "Al Qaeda" and "Taliban rule" and "defeated coalition forces."

Heck went on to say that the man is believed to have acted alone and remains in custody. No charges have been filed against him, she said.

MyFoxDC.com reported that the man in custody is a naturalized U.S. citizen who came to the country from Ethiopia.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/17...near-pentagon/
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

He's a Marine Corps Reservist. Looks like the bad guys want to replicate within our military what they're doing inside the ANA and ANP.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Banned
    Waterboard him

4. #4 " Muslim Man Suspected of Carrying Ammonium Nitrate in Backpack Taken into Custody." 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Suspect a Former Marine Corps Reservist

FOX News has confirmed that the man taken into custody early Friday after being found near the Pentagon with suspicious materials in his backpack is former Marine Corps reservist Yonathan Melaku.....22-year-old Melaku was arrested in Arlington Cemetery overnight.

He was believed to have a backpack containing 5 lbs of a substance that was labeled ammonium nitrate. Tests showed the material to be an "inert" substance....A notebook was also found in his bag with words such as Taliban and Al Qaeda.

Melaku was a Lance Corporal Marine corps reservist who joined in August of 2007.

According to Marine Corps records, Melaku is a Muslim.

Melaku was arrested and charged with four counts of Grand Larceny after a rash of vehicle tamperings in Alexandria, Va. in May.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/loca...#ixzz1PYD2rN8h

Banned
    In Florda. Out smacking around Useful Idiots
    In other news...

Janet Napolitano: Profile Muslim men under 35? Why would we want to do that?

Once again, our gut instincts have been proven wrong by the geniuses in the Obama administration.

Seemed reasonable to us that profiling young Muslim men might just help stop a bit of terrorism. Luckily, Director of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano is on the job to show us the error of our ways.

NewsBusters.org has the transformational information:

According to Janet Napolitano, concentrating terrorist screening efforts on young Muslim men is “not using good logic.”

Her response came after a reporter in the audience asked, “Why wouldn’t the Department focus more of its attention on the category of individuals that turned up most often as the suspect?”

Napolitano retorts, “You’ve got to use actual intelligence that you receive…All you’ve given me is status, not a technique, a tactic, a behavior.”
    MORE

2012 can't come soon enough. :mad:

another home grown
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    another home grown
    Kinda...he's an import. Naturalized Ethiopian.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Kinda...he's an import. Naturalized Ethiopian.
    Wish we could hold all immigration from Muslim countries. I am sure the 7-11's and gas stations will get by.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonialMarine0431 View Post
    In other news...

MORE

2012 can't come soon enough. :mad:

She doesnt mind profiling returning vets but dont touch the muzzies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    She doesnt mind profiling returning vets but dont touch the muzzies.
    I wonder if this guy is both.