Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I wonder if this guy is both.
    Nope. He's a Marine Lance Corporal (E-3) in the Reserves.

More than likely he hasn't deployed yet.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Well you know my thoughts on this.

Muslims should be excluded from military service,
    deported, put into camps like Gitmo, or just exterminated altogether.
    Their goal is to infiltrate from within and we are letting them.

Anyone regardless of religion that is serving in our military and attempts to commit
    an act of terrorism against this country is guilty of treason and should be executed.
    It's not like you can rehabilitate someone like this guy.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Nope. He's a Marine Lance Corporal (E-3) in the Reserves.

More than likely he hasn't deployed yet.
    Melaku, a naturalized U.S. citizen, joined the Marine Corps Reserve on Sept. 4, 2007, but military officials say he never deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan.
    He is currently listed as a motor vehicle operator with Combat Engineer Support Company, 4th Combat Engineer Battalion, 4th Marine Division, according to the FBI. ......

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/17...#ixzz1PdOhl800

Would this be unusual?

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post

deported
    , put into camps like Gitmo, or just exterminated altogether.
    Agreed on bolded. While I entertain myself with purging the world of the muzzie population, it's not realistic nor it is the prerogative of America.

Semper Fry him.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Melaku, a naturalized U.S. citizen, joined the Marine Corps Reserve on Sept. 4, 2007, but military officials say he never deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan.
    He is currently listed as a motor vehicle operator with Combat Engineer Support Company, 4th Combat Engineer Battalion, 4th Marine Division, according to the FBI. ......

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/17...#ixzz1PdOhl800

Would this be unusual?

Not really. Reserves adhere to a different rotational schedule than the active duty folks. His unit could have just gotten back from deployment prior to his coming aboard.

IRRC Reserves and NG are on an every four year deployment schedule.

If I'd stayed with my NG unit instead of coming back Active in '03 I wouldn't have deployed to Iraq until 2006.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Not really. Reserves adhere to a different rotational schedule than the active duty folks. His unit could have just gotten back from deployment prior to his coming aboard.

IRRC Reserves and NG are on an every four year deployment schedule.

If I'd stayed with my NG unit instead of coming back Active in '03 I wouldn't have deployed to Iraq until 2006.
    It would be interesting to know if there anyone had expressed concerns about him before. It seems like in many cases, someone picked up on a problem, but was ignored for one reason or another. Manning and Hassan in point, true?

It would be interesting to know if there anyone had expressed concerns about him before. It seems like in many cases, someone picked up on a problem, but was ignored for one reason or another. Manning and Hassan in point, true?
    Yes and no.

Manning was a PFC...and all PFC's bitch and moan and gripe about being put on third shift. So I can kinda see how he was able to get away with what he did without raising flags.

Hassan on the other point should have set off red warning lights and sirens left and right. But because of the EO climate in the Army...people that should have said something didn't for fear of a discrimination complaint putting a premature halt to to their careers.

This story IMHO reminds me of Hassan Akbar...right down to the fact that both were in Engineer units. Only difference is that Akbar's superiors were aware of his behavior and had taken steps to prevent him from going to Iraq from Kuwait with them.

Banned
    Don't you know that Manning and Hassan are protected classes (a fag & a muzzie).

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post

deported, put into camps like Gitmo, or just exterminated altogether.

Anyone regardless of religion that is serving in our military and attempts to commit
    an act of terrorism against this country is guilty of treason and should be executed.
    It's not like you can rehabilitate someone like this guy.
    If we are going to exclude all Muslims, then we are buying into the imams' line that no Muslim can be loyal to the United States. However, some Muslims do want to live under secular western law, and don't want to be part of the global jihad. I've met a few of them in the army (funny thing is, all were female), and the fact is, we need them, because they know and understand our enemy. What we need to do is treat them the way that we treated German-Americans, Italian-Americans and Japanese-Americans who joined up during WWII, as persons who have a higher risk of compromise, and need to be vetted more carefully than the average troop. The biggest failure with Hasan was not just that the army had all of the warning signs and deliberately ignored them, allowing him to continue to work, hold a clearance and have access to areas where he was able to go off, but that they failed to act because of a politically correct agenda that now guarantees that Muslims who are loyal to the US will be objects of unofficial suspicion, because they weren't officially vetted. By ignoring Hasan's radicalism, they made all Muslims in the army suspect, without actually doing anything about the ones who are a genuine risk.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!