1. #1 " Israel Will Use Force if New Flotilla Heads to Gaza " 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    TEL AVIV — Israel made clear on Thursday that if a new flotilla of pro-Palestinian activists sought to break its naval blockade of Gaza like the one a year ago when its commandos killed nine people, the Israeli military would use force again, including boarding the ships and confronting the activists.

“We will do anything we have to do to prevent a boat from breaking the blockade,” a top naval official said in a briefing for foreign journalists. “If there is the same violence against our forces on board, there is a pretty good chance there will be injuries.” The official spoke on the condition of anonymity under Israeli military rules.

On Israel Radio on Thursday, the military’s chief spokesman, Brig. Gen. Yoav Mordechai, said the army would stop any ship from entering Gaza. General Mordechai added, “There is an unequivocal directive from the government to enforce the naval blockade that is recognized by international law, and we will not allow it to be broken.”

The statements seemed part of a heightened effort to stop another flotilla and to pre-emptively explain Israel’s position if violence ensues.

Groups of Palestinian advocates in chartered vessels are scheduled to depart from a number of European ports this month and assemble into a flotilla heading toward Gaza to challenge Israel’s blockade and commemorate the deaths of a year ago.

Among those expected to participate is an American vessel with several dozen passengers, including the writer Alice Walker and an 86-year-old whose parents died in the Holocaust.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/17/wo...?_r=2&src=recg

This is a question for any ex Navy on this board, do torpedoes have a shelf life? If so I'd say use them up on those boats :D

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    This is a question for any ex Navy on this board, do torpedoes have a shelf life? If so I'd say use them up on those boats :D
    The MK 48 torpedo has been updated to ADCAP so it will last for many more years.They will never use torpeos against them as long as they don't have heavy weapons hidden on board those ships,if need be they could scuttle the ships with charges after removing the passengers.

Israel will use their sea marines and small arms to force them back .If there are Arab Suicide bombers hidden among the passangers there will be a fight .They are looking too cause a provacation leading to a major uprising against Israel so it pays for Israel to be very cautious in fear of over reacting.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    The MK 48 torpedo has been updated to ADCAP so it will last for many more years.They will never use torpeos against them as long as they don't have heavy weapons hidden on board those ships,if need be they could scuttle the ships with charges after removing the passengers.

Israel will use their sea marines and small arms to force them back .If there are Arab Suicide bombers hidden among the passangers there will be a fight .They are looking too cause a provacation leading to a major uprising against Israel so it pays for Israel to be very cautious in fear of over reacting.
    I was kidding i am sure 5inch shells are cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I was kidding i am sure 5inch shells are cheaper.
    THe MK 48 ADCAP mod 7 torpedo cost about $3.8 Million.

5"'/38 shell about $ 3,000 .

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    THe MK 48 ADCAP mod 7 torpedo cost about $3.8 Million.

5"'/38 shell about $ 3,000 .
    Hippie control can be cheap :D

Screw those animals, sink them.