Thread: Is Israeli-style airport security coming to America?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Is Israeli-style airport security coming to America? 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    DHS Signs Deal With Israel on Airport Security

For anyone tired of TSA treating their toiletries as a menace, there's good news on the horizon. On May 29th, DHS Secretary Michael Chertoff signed a landmark deal with Israel to share information about airport security. This means that DHS will beef up its behavior profiling system which looks for bombers, not bombs. Although Israel's passenger profiling system is based on behavior, critics say it's based on race. In my column for Pajamas Media this morning, I explain why this inference is false citing the bloody Lod Airport massacre in May 1972...

http://www.theaviationnation.com/

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Excellent!!! This should drive the Libs nuts!! :D

In all seriousness, I don't have a problem with this.

The Israelis are cunning bastards, I admire that. And, from the linky...

They haven't had an attack in the aviation domain since.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    It's hard to argue with success.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    It's hard to argue with success.
    Stand by for the anger of Zeus amid ligtning bolts and great rolling thunder !:D

Been saying this for the past five years. And also making that 9-11 more-than-likely would have never happened if the Israelis would have trained us previous to the 2001 attacks.

Sending your luggage to a secured warehouse for a complete inspection two weeks before your flight isn't a hardship. A $2,500 bond on each piece of pre-checked luggage should be mandatory - to keep the airport monkeys that transport the stuff in line and keep pilferage to a minimum.

Curb-side questioning and a continuing process, randomly, should also be in place and I'm not referring to going through the typical motions - asking if you've been in contact with your carry-on at all times. Screw what folks think about their rights as the flying public regarding whatever is required to secure the aircraft and facilities. They don't HAVE TO FLY.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

How about "Fly at Your Own Risk Airlines". If I can fly and be armed I would happily sign the waiver. They can just give you frangible ammunition at boarding and you can turn it in upon arrival at your destination.

Resident Grump
    Sending your luggage to a secured warehouse for a complete inspection two weeks before your flight isn't a hardship. A $2,500 bond on each piece of pre-checked luggage should be mandatory - to keep the airport monkeys that transport the stuff in line and keep pilferage to a minimum.
    You're insane.

Curb-side questioning and a continuing process, randomly
    Suspending the Constitution, are we?

asking if you've been in contact with your carry-on at all times
    "No, its been in a two week hold in a warehouse"....ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

Have you always been this much of an idiot, or is it some kind of birth defect?

They don't HAVE TO FLY.
    How the fuck do they get to any other country outside the US..swim??? How do you suggest people flying INTO the US get there...flap their arms???

A businessman who has to be in Colorado in two hours to conclude a million dollar contract that will create a thousand jobs doesn't have to fly?
    A man who travels as part of his work and has to be in another state in a short time doesn't need to fly? A woman who is going to see her family in another state doesn't have to fly??

What do you suggest they do...walk???
    Drive and turn a journey of two hours into one lasting three days?
    Tell me...which takes longer..a car trip from New York to Washington or a plane trip from New York to Washington????

Resident Grump
    A $2,500 bond on each piece of pre-checked luggage should be mandatory
    $2, 500 x 4 pieces of luggage = $10,000.00

Riighttttt.........

Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    $2, 500 x 4 pieces of luggage = $10,000.00

Riighttttt.........

Idiot.
    When was the last hijacking out of Israel?

The questioning process employs college students and if you don't give the appropriate answers - you get handing off to a professional. If you don't want to cooperate, then you get to go into a room with a person with rubber gloves and a great deal of lubricant. Again, this has nothing to do with Constitutional rights - flying is a privilege - not a right. No different than having a driver's license in my country.

The bond issue is no different than an insurance policy. Once the piece of luggage is sealed with the government Mylar ribbon - it easily shows if its been tampered with by the luggage handlers. That's all, not $2,500 you have to pay - but insurance on that piece to guard against theft. The system we use here presently is a farce and anything can be taken out of or put into your luggage once it's out of sight.

BTW: I'm sorry gator bitch slapped you - it's not my fault he made you look like a shela.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Resident Grump
    Again, this has nothing to do with Constitutional rights - flying is a privilege - not a right. No different than having a driver's license in my country.
    Again, i point out that you are a fucking idiot, and that people have to fly because of a little thing called distance.

I repeat the question: how does a man who has to get from the US to Europe get there?

Walk?

How does a woman who is in Cleveland get to Washington in a day?

Without air transport, the US grinds to a halt. Have you always been this thick?

The bond issue is no different than an insurance policy. Once the piece of luggage is sealed with the government Mylar ribbon - it easily shows if its been tampered with by the luggage handlers. That's all, not $2,500 you have to pay - but insurance on that piece to guard against theft. The system we use here presently is a farce and anything can be taken out of or put into your luggage once it's out of sight.
    ...and no one is capable of getting around that little ribbon? If a hacker can reverse engineer the most sophisticated computer system and hack into US military databases, then a simple ribbon is child's play.