Thread: Is Israeli-style airport security coming to America?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Again, i point out that you are a fucking idiot, and that people have to fly because of a little thing called distance.

I repeat the question: how does a man who has to get from the US to Europe get there?

Walk?

How does a woman who is in Cleveland get to Washington in a day?

Without air transport, the US grinds to a halt. Have you always been this thick?

...and no one is capable of getting around that little ribbon? If a hacker can reverse engineer the most sophisticated computer system and hack into US military databases, then a simple ribbon is child's play.
    Again - it works in Israel and none of their citizens seem to mind, and when they want to fly (again, flying is not mandatory - you can take another venue or just not go. Your life's not going to end on any account.) they go through the security process. Nice dodge, BTW, regarding my question as to when they had their last highjacking. And finally, yes - any security system can be gotten around. None is perfect - but as can be seen in this week's Air Force firings - most security problems are perpetuated by human factors - not the systems therein.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Resident Grump
    Again - it works in Israel and none of their citizens seem to mind, and when they want to fly (again, flying is not mandatory - you can take another venue or just not go. Your life's not going to end on any account.)
    ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION

In direct response to your idiotic "They dont have to fly"

HOW does a person who needs to go from the US to Europe get to their destination.

HOW does a person who needs to go from the US to Europe get to their destination.
    Of course they fly - and in the new format we need to watch our mouths. It's just the adult thing to do. But other than business - who HAS to fly to Eurpoe? It's a luxury - not a necessity, dear little over-wound buddy.

;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Resident Grump
    Look, when you have more than two brain cells to rub together, let me know.

But other than business - who HAS to fly to Eurpoe? It's a luxury - not a necessity, dear little over-wound buddy.
    I'm curious..do you have one of those recorders in your ear...the one that repeats "breathe in...breathe out.."?

I'm just amazed that LogansPapa has found something that he likes about Israel.

The two week impound for luggage is unrealistic. There's too much spur-of-moment travel in the US for that to be feasable. What would work is a 100% search of all bags, checked or otherwise, at check in, with a bonding band around the checked baggage afterwards to prevent theft by airline employees (for some reason, they've never found any contaband in my bags, but I did have a camera stolen out of a checked bag). That also means that travellers would have to be prepared to arrive earlier and the TSA would have to ensure that they have the manpower to keep the lines moving.

Now, here's the idea that I had after 9/11, which nobody expressed any interest in, but would work: Military personnel fly TDY throughout the world, with a tremendous amount of travel in CONUS, and the US government spends a fortune on it. Here's the plan: As an adjunct to the current combatives training, add a bloc of instruction on the use of a TASER, counter-terror ops and aircraft protection. Then, whenever a Soldier, Sailor, Airman or Marine travels on a US carrier on orders (or Space-A), that service member should travel in full battle-rattle and be issued a TASER. In effect, they become extremely visible Air Marshalls.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I'm curious..do you have one of those recorders in your ear...the one that repeats "breathe in...breathe out.."?

I got'cha. Can't compete - time to retreat. Too bad.;)

An Adversary of Linda #'s

Sonna you sure enjoy ripping that critter a new a*shole .Just reading the exchange made me ROFLMAO .He is tenacious and semi-unflappable but he definitely would lead a saint to drink .I especially enjoyed the little voice in his ear part,you two could make a fortune putting that show on Perth’s Sugar Blue Burlesque Company !!

Vepr
    There is not constitutional guarentee for air travel and there is always a boat. Also when it comes to business most of it can be done over teleconference these days anyways.

Resident Grump
    There is not constitutional guarentee for air travel and there is always a boat.
    Right. Shuttle the traffic of all the internaitional airports and put them on boats.

All fifty million people.

In one calendar year, close to fifty million people enter or leave the US...either as inbound tourists, visitors, diplomatic delegations or outbound US tourism to other nations.

Change a fifteen hour flight to thirty days by ship.

Bravo. Bright idea.

Also when it comes to business most of it can be done over teleconference these days anyways.
    No.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 06-08-2008 at 01:12 PM.

Vepr
    Right. Shuttle the traffic of all the internaitional airport and put them on boats.

All fifty million people.

....No.
    The constituion was mentioned so I was pointing out, just like driving flight is not guarenteed it is a privilege. These days a flight is not required every time you want to do international business.

If you do not like it fire up your own Zepplin business. I might even invest depending on whether or not I can get a full look at your business plan and other backing without having to fly internationally to see it. ;)