Thread: "Now is The Time to Buy that New Mower Before They Go Lean and Green !"

1. #1 "Now is The Time to Buy that New Mower Before They Go Lean and Green !" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Cleaner mower, speedboat engines ordered

Washington - Gasoline-powered lawnmowers that are a big cause of summertime air pollution will have to be dramatically cleaner under rules issued Thursday by the Environmental Protection Agency. The long-awaited regulation requires a 35 percent reduction in emissions from new lawn and garden equipment beginning in 2011.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26547706/

Gas mowers really are pretty bad on the emissions thing.

I've looked into a reel mower (unpowered). It's old school, but with only 1/4 acre it would be reasonable to switch from the gas mower, and I'm sure the neighbors would appreciate the quiet!

I have a cordless electric mower. It's quiet, efficient, and produces no emissions itself. This isn't the right mower for every job but it probably is the right mower for about 80% of the mowing jobs.

Fooling around with gas, oil, plugs and all that is way overrated.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Katiebug View Post
    Gas mowers really are pretty bad on the emissions thing.

I've looked into a reel mower (unpowered). It's old school, but with only 1/4 acre it would be reasonable to switch from the gas mower, and I'm sure the neighbors would appreciate the quiet!
    All two cycle engines are.When you mix gas and oil together and burn it smokes some !