Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I dont follow your logic, are you saying we shouldnt follow the Constitution?
    /
    Word for word? No. Not anymore.

I think a lot of the positive sentiments towards the constitution in the 21st century are pretty well linked to its antiquity. While our empire collapses we are drawn to the positive moments of our global reign, the moon landing, World War 2, etc. Americans in general are extremely proud of those moments, and while we enter an unmitigated decline its only natural to look back on them with fondness.

But the constitution seems to hold a special place in American's hearts. It may hold some of that inherent rebellious nature we adore, our anti-colonial heritage that up until around the JFK-LBJ-Nixon years we were very vehement about upholding. Or its just a piece of flawed, but overall impressively forward-thinking, philosophy that can improve human society that's a source of pride.

In either case, its idolatry of a time that passed over a century ago. The beauty of the constitution was its ability to recognize the church's relationship with the state as a major source of social tension and sever that bond to prevent it from destroying our country. It was perfectly executed, and the domino effect of American independence ended the French and, later, British monarchies. However the same villain the church was to a prosperous and civil society is exactly what big business is now. We replaced one monster with another, maybe intentionally. Maybe if we could channel the same ingenuity that the founders had we could fix this issue. But so many people see the constitution as political gospel, where any alterations would corrupt its purity, that we have effectively sabotaged the only method we ever had at using the constitution the way it was intended: To combat whatever new societal evil threatened the well being and freedom of its people.

You just preached a lot of stupid boy. A lot of stupid.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post

I think a lot of the positive sentiments towards the constitution in the 21st century are pretty well linked to its antiquity. While our empire collapses we are drawn to the positive moments of our global reign, the moon landing, World War 2, etc. Americans in general are extremely proud of those moments, and while we enter an unmitigated decline its only natural to look back on them with fondness.

But the constitution seems to hold a special place in American's hearts. It may hold some of that inherent rebellious nature we adore, our anti-colonial heritage that up until around the JFK-LBJ-Nixon years we were very vehement about upholding. Or its just a piece of flawed, but overall impressively forward-thinking, philosophy that can improve human society that's a source of pride.

In either case, its idolatry of a time that passed over a century ago. The beauty of the constitution was its ability to recognize the church's relationship with the state as a major source of social tension and sever that bond to prevent it from destroying our country. It was perfectly executed, and the domino effect of American independence ended the French and, later, British monarchies. However the same villain the church was to a prosperous and civil society is exactly what big business is now. We replaced one monster with another, maybe intentionally. Maybe if we could channel the same ingenuity that the founders had we could fix this issue. But so many people see the constitution as political gospel, where any alterations would corrupt its purity, that we have effectively sabotaged the only method we ever had at using the constitution the way it was intended: To combat whatever new societal evil threatened the well being and freedom of its people.
    Thank you for proving exactly what I said.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Thank you for proving exactly what I said.
    What the idiot Shoe meant to say was:

We should look at all the new, progressive countries that are "cutting edge." Look at that awesome example of progressive excellence like Cuba and Venezuela. Look at that shining city on the hill known as Iran. Why, if we just threw that antiquated document called the Constitution out, we too could be a new wave example of totalitarian excellence and follow the pattern set by the Europeons.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Bullshit. If Hillary was the one who won the Democratic nomination for President she would be President for the very same reason, by not being Bush. The Obumbler won the nomination by being a better bullshit artist than she was.
    And Black.

"It's time."
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post

"Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry