Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    So where's the story?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

Banned
    Well thats just, like, your opinion man.

All things considered the two are probably equally militant towards each other.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    Well thats just, like, your opinion man.

All things considered the two are probably equally militant towards each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Well, apples to apples. My guess is that the men in this picture are slashing themselves in that ritual wailing they do now and then to reenact something that was done to Mohammed's grandson or something. The closest point of comparison would be the Catholic idiots out there who actually get nailed to crosses on Good Friday.
    Yeah, all 78 of them. Muslims take it to a whole new level, it's what they do.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I'm assuming thats a facetious number right? Cause it's quite a few more that practice self-crucifixion and self-flagellation.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I'm assuming thats a facetious number right? Cause it's quite a few more that practice self-crucifixion and self-flagellation.
    he probably was referring to Westboro
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Fabulous Poster
    Proportion aside, it seems human nature is always in play. The crying and wailing is to absolved themselves of sin.

From Wiki Ashura

As suffering and cutting the body with knives or chains (matam) have been prohibited by Shi'a marjas like Ali Khamenei, Supreme Leader of Iran,[17] some Shi'a observe mourning with blood donation which is called "Qame Zani"[17] and flailing.[18] Yet some Shi'ite men and boys, considered heretics by some Muslim scholars, slash themselves with razors (zanjeer) or swords (talwar) and allow their blood to run freely.[18]

Certain rituals like the traditional flagellation ritual called Talwar zani (talwar ka matam) using a sword or zanjeer zani or zanjeer matam, involving the use of a zanjeer (a chain with blades) are also performed.[19] These are religious customs that show solidarity with Husayn and his family. People mourn the fact that they were not present at the battle to fight and save Husayn and his family.[20][21]

Shia commonly believe that taking part in Ashura is to be absolved of sin[citation needed]. A popular Shia saying has it that, `a single tear shed for Husayn washes away a hundred sins.`

Shia commonly believe that taking part in Ashura is to be absolved of sin[citation needed]. A popular Shia saying has it that, `a single tear shed for Husayn washes away a hundred sins.`
    Some think saying a few Hail Marie's does it, some think whipping themselves does it. *shrugs* Me, I just revel in my sins. :D
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Some think saying a few Hail Marie's does it, some think whipping themselves does it. *shrugs* Me, I just revel in my sins. :D
    Hail Marys are a lot less painful, and it's a contemplative way to spend the time waiting for traffic to clear up. Despite my not being Catholic, Catholic schooling sticks with you. Rather than sit in a back up on 275 seething, I'll say Hail Marys for the person who might be dying at the front of the line. It's soothing.

Hey look, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

I swear, stupidity is the Left's native tongue.
    Proverbs 20:30
    King James Version (KJV)

30The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas