Thread: All-Star Week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    I just found out I get to be an All-Star FanFest volunteer! There were 1800 volunteer spots and over 4000 applied so I wasn't expecting to get selected.
    So you basically won a coin flip. Well done.

Just kidding, congrats Jen! :D
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    I wouldn't do it, and as you know, I'm a pretty big baseball fan. I had a chance to buy HR Derby tickets in Milwaukee a while back and passed. Don't recall the price, but it was probably pretty similar. Now the game on the other hand, I would highly recommend. Hope you can win that lottery.
    Me too! That would be pretty awesome.

I passed on the HR Derby tickets. I'll stay nice and cool at home and watch it on TV instead.

Me too! That would be pretty awesome.

I passed on the HR Derby tickets. I'll stay nice and cool at home and watch it on TV instead.
    When do you find out about the game tickets? Or do you even know?

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    For a minute Jenn I thought you were bragging about your Fantasy Team. :mad::p

Have fun!!!:D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

I don't know. Orientation is 7/6 so hopefully by then I'll hear something!

For a minute Jenn I thought you were bragging about your Fantasy Team.
    It's been hard to bite my tongue on that! Many times I've wanted to rub it in. :D

I will know at 12:00 on Tuesday. So I guess I better not make any plans just in case. I'm thinking positive here! Feel free to send me lots of positive thoughts and white good luck light. :D

Got my credentials, swag, and assignments this morning. For being a volunteer, I get two complimentary tickets to any Dbacks game.

On Friday, I'll be working at an autograph stage. Saturday I'll be guarding/taking people's pictures at the World's Largest Baseball. Sunday, I'll be at a give away booth. I now know the location of every bathroom, food stand, and ATM, since those are the questions I'm likely going to be asked ad nauseum.

It seems really organized and the managers were very cool and fun. They gave us a tour of the whole place. I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

Proud to represent Arizona this week. :)

I will know at 12:00 on Tuesday. So I guess I better not make any plans just in case. I'm thinking positive here! Feel free to send me lots of positive thoughts and white good luck light. :D

Got my credentials, swag, and assignments this morning. For being a volunteer, I get two complimentary tickets to any Dbacks game.

On Friday, I'll be working at an autograph stage. Saturday I'll be guarding/taking people's pictures at the World's Largest Baseball. Sunday, I'll be at a give away booth. I now know the location of every bathroom, food stand, and ATM, since those are the questions I'm likely going to be asked ad nauseum.

It seems really organized and the managers were very cool and fun. They gave us a tour of the whole place. I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

Sounds very cool, Jen.

Sending healing white light your way. :D

For being a volunteer, I get two complimentary tickets to any Dbacks game.
    You give of your time freely and somehow you still manage to be punished. That's not right.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    You give of your time freely and somehow you still manage to be punished. That's not right.
    It could be worse, they could be mets tickets

Sounds like a greyt assignment, particularly being at the autograph stage. Maybe you can get a few autographs yourself. Maybe you could take some programs or baseballs or something to get signed. Sounds like a prime assignment.

Sunday it sounds like you'll be swamped at the giveaway booth. I used to work our exhibits at tech shows at military bases and at the former "Defense Mapping Agency". The tables were swamped by people just looking for junk---free pencils, pens, etc.

Hope you win the tickets to the All Star Game. I remember when the Cards hosted the All Star games that the Fan Fest was a big deal. Congrats on volunteering.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"